Thoughts On Brit Prospect Josh Kelly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    i didnt want to say it...thank you for saying it for me
    I was afraid to make the comparison but Kelly does have the same style - whether he has the mentality, commitment and gets the right fights remains to be seen.

I think he's destined for world class just now...whether he becomes elite is the question?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Not that impressed thus far.

Can't see that style taking him far.

Dan, you're such a hater

you leave Josh Kellychenko alone

Comment

It's not Lomachenko he reminds me of.

Maybe the first person I have seen in a while that might be this guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
          Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I get flashes of Lomachenko when I watch him.

I rate Josh taylor as the best prospect just now, but give Kelly 10 fights and I might think the same thing.
          I thought Tayler really impressed last week.I was thinkin before fight what a terrible job of matchmaking for him.MV is still a good 135pder he has been very active and has a style that's hard to look good with must less beat.MV has not lost in quite a few years(bey dec was bs)And Tayler had probs early but found them bodyshots were hurting MV and he went to work.Thought he showed a lot of poise and ring IQ to go along with his obv talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            Don't want to get ahead of myself, but I get flashes of Lomachenko when I watch him.

I rate Josh taylor as the best prospect just now, but give Kelly 10 fights and I might think the same thing.
            I can see that a little(loma) would have to say poor mans version right now.But yea I can see what ur talkin about.Also with a little NAZ mixed in esp with the way he keeps his hands and very good anticipation.

Comment

Always fun to see someone with that style because it's so high risk. Because he could get chinned.

Comment

Very Talented, been talked about on this forum before! Was impressed with his Inside Fighting/Body Work vs Vazquez. Miguel style is tricky and slippery it is hard to stop him but Taylor at the perfect gameplan which was to "Go To The Basement" as Teddy Atlas calls it and he took Vazquez legs away then stopped him

So yeah good young fighter, still some work to be done though they shouldn't Rush Him!

Comment

When it comes to prospect I tend to ignore knockouts and look at technique, punch variation, and punch selection. Kelly has some SUBLIME footwork man, sheesh it's a joy to see.

Comment

Not seen his fight against the Mexican. I always think about the lad he nailed with about 93 left hooks in a row.

I wonder if he packed it in after that.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Very Talented, been talked about on this forum before! Was impressed with his Inside Fighting/Body Work vs Vazquez. Miguel style is tricky and slippery it is hard to stop him but Taylor at the perfect gameplan which was to "Go To The Basement" as Teddy Atlas calls it and he took Vazquez legs away then stopped him

So yeah good young fighter, still some work to be done though they shouldn't Rush Him!
                      I think after this last fight(where I was very impressed)I think they don't need to wait to long.I think he is ready to go to mid top 10 guy and if he shows same then I think he would be ready for one of 4 titles.I think WBO is vacant.I would not put him in with Micky or Linares yet or even Easter but outside them 3 who else would be a fav with him?Commly that fought Easter would be tough.

Comment

Working...
                      X