Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only people who are shocked by this outcome are the people who thought that Rousey couldn't be beaten and adopted the ridiculous idea that Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather or any other male. This category includes about 90 percent of the people who post on this site, but it does not include me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      Somewhere in this world Floyd is laughing.
      I have a feeling Floyd might actually reach out to her now. Kind of his m.o. Maybe he'll teach her a thing or two about the sweet science. But she needs to stick to snapping elbows imo

Comment

• Congrats to holly

Comment

• Enjoy the sig boys. Lets cherish this moment for the rest of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowerFlow View Post
            Welp... boxing wins tonight lol.

I think with Rhonda being on the cover of ring magazine and oscar whispering in her ear about those mayweather numbers/money she thought she could beat Holm at the boxing game. I think she got too emotional and tried to prove a point. Naw, doesn't work that way. Stick to what you're great at. Breaking arms.
            Yea, hilarious that the hype blew up in their faces. The Rousey bubble has burst.

Holm is 34 (basically near the end of her career), switching to a new sport that she hasn't completely adjusted to. Quite an accomplishment to take that belt.

Comment

• For all the complains about Ronda Rousey being discussed in the boxing community, everyone seems to wanna talk about her tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                She was done the minute Oscar de la Chocha jumped on the bandwagon. I swear the man is a jinx. He probably gave her the blueprint too.
                Oh so cold. But seriously, someone should watch out for Oscar after next Saturday. He's an overdose waiting to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  The presenters were saying she's the best combat fighter in the world in any combat sport....

Honestly if i didn't know who was who, i'd have thought they were talking about Holm and i might have believed them too. She was on a whole other planet in terms of skills, it wasn't even close. It didn't even look like a fair fight in terms of skill level.

Just shows you what the media can do.
                  Sort of how the made Floyd out to be great huh?

Comment

• I was at Holly's send off party in Albuquerque a few weeks back. Her team was very confident. One guy said to the crowd Holly is going to treat her like an amateur and Rousey won't know what to do when she can't bum rush her in the first 30 seconds.
                    So happy for Holm, she is a humble champion.

Comment

• Anyone who narrows down that victory to just a kick knows nothing.

Those kicks were just the icing on the cake, she was already beating her up with boxing skills. Rousey was scared to death halfway through that first round because she couldn't avoid those punches. The fact the kick ended it was incidental because it was only a matter of time before one of those left hands did.

Comment

Working...
                      X