No announcement yet.

Bob Arum said that the WWE 24 hour Network will fail miserably

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    I am personally not a wrestling fan but I have family that are. They feel the need to describe In great detail what happened on the show the night before. Needless to say It can be brutal listening to It. I guess I do the same to them when It comes to boxing, so we are even.

Anyway 10 per month sounds like an excellent deal considering the WWE PPV'S are somewhere around $40 a piece. I would expect this price to go up once It takes off.
    Some of the big named Wrestlers are concerned because the big names like John Cena, CM Punk, etc get a cut off the PPV buys (ala Floyd) but with the Network they're estimating that their cut could be cut dramatically. For the fans it's great, but for the Wrestlers it seems their back end money is getting slashed.

Comment

Too many people own the rights to too many fights. that is bob's point.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Some of the big named Wrestlers are concerned because the big names like John Cena, CM Punk, etc get a cut off the PPV buys (ala Floyd) but with the Network they're estimating that their cut could be cut dramatically. For the fans it's great, but for the Wrestlers it seems their back end money is getting slashed.
        Thanks for the Insight. I had no Idea that the wrestlers got a cut of the PPV sales. I loved wrestling as a kid and never really understood the abuse these men take on a daily basis being that It Is scripted entertainment, but there Is no question that they deserve every penny they get. As a matter of fact there are probably guys that are severely under paid.

Comment

I took my 7 year old to a RAW show a couple weeks ago. 12,000 people were there. I'd say half were 35-40 year old guys with no kids screaming like teenagers at a Justin Bieber concert lol. I think the Channel will be okay

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
            I embellished B!TCH so sue me.
            wow you're a ******. he said nothing of the sort

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Your life is so meaningless that you make up subjects so people will click on a thread that has nothing to do with anything you actually accomplished? Right on, champ.
              I'm sorry...you must have me mistaken for someone you know outside of a boxing message board. I'm sorry buddy, I don't know you and thanks for clicking.

That right I'm a champ.....YOUR!!!!

Comment

It wouldn't work for people like more who don't watch current wrestling anymore but sometimes get a nostalgic kick and look up old wrestling on youtube.

In November I think I watched two hours of late 80s-early 00s wrestling every night. I can't explain why I just did. I found everything I wanted to on youtube. I have no desire to watch anything on right now though.

Comment

There's going to be a free one week trial for the WWE Network for it's first full week. I'm not sure of how to get the free trial yet, but it's worth checking out for some who are on the fence about getting it.

Comment

Working...
                  X