Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Canelo do against Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Canelo do against Carl Froch?

Canelo is bringing Amir Khan up 2 divisions to fight him at middleweight

question

How would Alvarez (who is slow) do against Carl Froch if he himself went up the same 2 weight divisions.

Do you see him doing well in a toe-to-toe war against Froch?

Bare in mind, Alvarez walks around heavier than Froch too so it's quite a fair fight really

He would spark him out in 8 or 9 rounds you saw what groves did imagine if Canelo lands that upper and its over

Comment

The fight is at 155 , Khan is a 147 fighter the reality is it is 1 weight class .

People are always pointing out weight classes but leave out the fighters real weight , Canelo in the ring is bigger but its not a great difference his weight is compact , Khan is not as thick in the body but is as tall .

Canelo would probably get run over by Froch , bad style and I dont think Canelo punches hard enough to keep somebody like Froch of him .

Comment

I think he beats him. Froch is a decent fighter but benefitted from Ward being an idiot and letting his hype die down and fighting in a division without any other A level fighters outside of Ward.

Can't blame him though, he took advantage of the situation and probably should be considered the best SMW of his era.

Comment

Froch is no joke and well battle tested! It will be a war and let the best man win!

Comment

Froch would butt**** canelo and have him outta there in less than 4...

Basically froch-bute 2, but bute (canelo) being much much smaller this time around
            Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 03-02-2016, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              Canelo is bringing Amir Khan up 2 divisions to fight him at middleweight

question

How would Alvarez (who is slow) do against Carl Froch if he himself went up the same 2 weight divisions.

Do you see him doing well in a toe-to-toe war against Froch?

Bare in mind, Alvarez walks around heavier than Froch too so it's quite a fair fight really
              LMAO, at 155? I'd imagine he does pretty well because we all know he won't be going up to 168 or 164 or even 160 for that matter to challenge Froch. Dude isn't even a middleweight for crying out loud.........SMH.

Comment

Well Froch is 4 inches taller at over 6ft and struggled to make 168. He walks around well over 180. I would bet my house that Froch would destroy him for the weight, height and power advantage. Canelo would stand with him and get ko'd. You need to be a good boxer as well as tough to beat Froch

Comment

I was gonna write a good post but after I saw the topic starter, it deserves nothing. Your gay love can't even fight his middleweight mandatory.

One thing I know, he'll be fatter than Froch on fight night. Your love (Canelo) should be fighting at lightheavy.

Love to see him KOed by a minor middle, supermidde/lightheavy boxer. Stevens will beat the **** out of him at 160 or 68, preferably. That's the fight I wanted, instead of Khan.

[Speaking as a former Canelo fan, of course.]
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-02-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Canelo is more skilled but he is undersized, outgunned and doesn't move well enough to beat Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X