No announcement yet.

lets discuss Calzaghe / Jones Jr...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets discuss Calzaghe / Jones Jr...

what do u think will happen in the fight. i wanna know who u think will win and HOW. tell us how by telling us how u think the fight will go round after round.

I have no idea.

Joe usually looks bad for a couple of rounds against top competition a la Hopkins and Kessler but then he finds a way to win. I'm very worried about this fight I think Roy could concievably beat Joe to the punch and be consistent with it depending on his conditioning he could concievably land enough shots to discourage Joe from letting his hands go and let's face it Roy will land the more eye catching shots.

I think Joe has to do what he usually does, let his hands and make Roy fight. Joe Calzaghe wins a fight, Roy Jones embarrasses Calzaghe in a boxing match.

I've never been less confident about a Calzaghe victory.

Comment

sorry i cannot give such an accurate prediction but i am going with Calzaghe by UD.

Comment

Calzaghe is going to come out throwing lots and lots of slappy punches. He is going to stay in RJJs face like he usually does, and try to off set him with movement and work rate like he usually does.
        Roy Jones is going to come out calmly, trying to feel Calzaghe out. I see Jones hanging back on the ropes several times in this fight, guard up letting Joe flail away. RJJ will probably counter with stiff shots here and there, where Calzaghe will retaliate with flurries. Both guys are going to showboat a lot.
        If I had to bet money from my wallet, it would probably go to Joe. In my heart, I would really like to see RJJ do it. My psychic instincts and the stars are telling me RJJ will pull off a thrilling upset.

Comment

I posted this a while ago and I'm sticking with it.

I think Jones will come out looking to end the fight early, he'll be throwing straights and combos early to get Calzaghe's respect and to not let Calzaghe get into his rhythm, I think Jones can win some of the early rounds because of this.

After about 4 or 5 rounds, Jones' legs will start to show their age and Calzaghe would have adapted by then and he'd start to push Jones back to the ropes to unload punches on him, Jones will be trying to counter Calzaghe off the ropes at this point with moderate success, I think he can catch Calzaghe once or twice on the way in or when Calzaghe gets wild.

But I don't think it'll be enough, Calzaghe's workrate and pressure would get to Jones late because Jones can't fight 3 minutes of every round anymore, Calzaghe can.

Calzaghe should pull away from rounds 10-12 when Jones' age will start to make itself even more apparent.

Calzaghe by decision, something like 116-112 or 115-113. Close but clear.

Comment

what do u think will happen in the fight. i wanna know who u think will win and HOW. tell us how by telling us how u think the fight will go round after round.
            no.

no.

no.

and

no.

Comment

i think itll be similar to when jones fought tarver the third time.. he got beat by speed. and held back to avoid getting seriously hurt... jones will look better the fuirst half of the fight but no way he can keep uup with joe all night, joes in his prime

Comment

Working...
              X