Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of people actually enjoy boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've calculated, based on positive posts, that 91.3% of members here enjoy boxing.

Comment

I bet a lot of people in NSB don't even enjoy boxing. They just cheer for whoever their fa*got mancrush is. The same reason girls and their mothers watch boxing or sports in general.

Either that or they just cheer for whichever fighters are the same race as them. When their color wins, they win. When their color loses, they cry and make excuses. But it's all fun and games at the end of the day, no reason to take these forums so seriously.

Comment

Been a boxing fan my whole life. But to be honest the past couple years have been tough. To much divisiveness between promoters, fighters wayyyyy to inactive, good matchups that we want see get dragged out.

I can see why the average sports fan gives up quickly on boxing and moves to UFC to be honest. At least there the matchup don't take years.

Comment

tbh when i was actually boxing i used to hate getting punched in the face. i like watching it more

Comment

Here we go, 'real boxing fans' BS. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all. It just bores me. Labelling Rios 'bum bum' and cussing him out even when taking a tough match-up v Garcia, for example. You're right, I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              man you fools bitch too much about shit.

you fools act like boxing is the only sport where you belittle the rival, taunt the rival fanbase etc.

you fools want people to get on these forums to talk boxing like its a damn paper you writing for credit in some damn college course somewhere, "well I enjoyed the great action last night I was amazed at how both boxers really gave it their all and tried for the W, its sad that their cant be 2 winners" lmfao. fucking nerds.
              spot on

Comment

At the mainstream big fight level I think it could probably reach 30% or 40% of people maybe. Maybe higher, although I do think there are a lot of people who give no f#cks about sports at all so I suspect 40% is likely the ceiling.

For the cats like us who are on the talk about it all day level of enjoying it its probably like 2% maybe. Or sh^t man probably less than 1% cuz idk that 1/100 people can hang in a boxing conversation talking about recent fights & have a favorite active boxer who's actually fought in 4 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                  ill be striahght up witchu,,,i dont even watch or even rly care about boxing anymore,,,

ever since floyd been out the game and broner puttin more stock into being a WSHH star over a boxer,,,i kinda stop watching...i was pretty hype about errol spences jr and thuryman but tbh they are to inactive for me to keep interest....,,i honestly dont even know what PBC/haymon doing anymore
                  Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                  boxing used to be bad ass years ago.... I would get excited every Friday for FNF-on-ESPN... FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS!
                  A lot has changed, only time I get excited for a fight is when The King (Canelo) or Mikey Garcia are gonna fight... other than that, if i miss something, no big deal.
                  Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Yep. That's why I'm mainly in here when I'm on this site
                  Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                  Losing more and more interest by the year.
                  Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  Been a boxing fan my whole life. But to be honest the past couple years have been tough. To much divisiveness between promoters, fighters wayyyyy to inactive, good matchups that we want see get dragged out.

I can see why the average sports fan gives up quickly on boxing and moves to UFC to be honest. At least there the matchup don't take years.
                  2017 was a good year. How forgetful and ungrateful some of you are!

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    2017 was a good year. How forgetful and ungrateful some of you are!
                    It was a good year for boxing but all the outside the ring **** with the managers, promoters, networks, and media makes it a hard sport to enjoy. Just so much BS. They're all taking advantage of the fans. Boxing is the only sport subsidized by the fans. NFL and the other sports have network deals that dwarf ticket sales. Boxing is reliant on ticket sales and whatever licensing fee the network gives them for each specific fight. When was the last time we got a fight when we wanted it without any marination?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      It was a good year for boxing but all the outside the ring **** with the managers, promoters, networks, and media makes it a hard sport to enjoy. Just so much BS. They're all taking advantage of the fans. Boxing is the only sport subsidized by the fans. NFL and the other sports have network deals that dwarf ticket sales. Boxing is reliant on ticket sales and whatever licensing fee the network gives them for each specific fight. When was the last time we got a fight when we wanted it without any marination?
                      But we got most of the fights that we wanted in 2017.
                      Kov-Ward 2
                      Spence-Brook
                      Josh-Klit
                      Chocalatito-Sor
                      Thruman-Garcia
                      GGG-Canelo

It was a good,maybe great, year man!

Comment

Working...
                      X