Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is the clash of styles. If you look at Floyd's strengths, none of them play to Hearns weaknesses. None. What is Mayweather going to do? Go to war with him and eat heavy fire while catching Hearns in the process (as others did)?? That's not how Mayweather fought. Floyd would survive for a while, but it would only be a matter of time.

Comment

Floyd haters and supporters can agree, Floyd can't do much with Hearns. It as bad a style matchup for him as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        i say hed eventually catch overrated benitez

may easily beats everyone below ww/cw. above ww, he gives everyone problems.
        He eventually catch overrated Benitez? You know they actually fought right?

Comment

The guy is retired but yet every thread about him is the most active I don't a **** about Mayweather no more nor does the division miss him. Things are getting interesting without him and Pacquiao so time to fuking move on already people. Mayweather doesn't have **** else to prove, like him or not he is a All Time Great. Now it is time to watch the next generation build their legacies and try to become All Time Greats!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Unfortunately we are talking human nature and its not only Floyd. Ward catches it in spades as well. He goes out and puts on a clinic against one of the pound for pound guys at the time, and suddenly Dawson is a mere skeleton. And what gets me is that people don't bother watching the fight. Floyd's legacy should not hinge on his performance at Welter, he had problems with mediocre guys who could pressure like Madanna, how would he beat one of the best. Lets see him at lightweight 130-35 against some of the best.
            GOOD POINT why does everone wanna put Floyd in these impossible pos.He was a 130-5 natural.And you pick the biggest and one of hardest to outbox welter of all time to put him with.Hearns beats him him but Floyd is the better fighter.

Comment

if anyone whats to see how big Hearns was their showing his fight with ANDRES on the bt sport Frampton stream right now.Look how big he is at 175

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Yea and overrated Benitez????????????

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  nope. not sure how i missed it but thanks

i still say benitez was overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    Yea and overrated Benitez????????????
                    yes overrated (you can quote me)

palomino and duran....did i miss anyone else ???

Comment

Can he win some rounds? Maybe. Can he win the fight. No.. Tommy is too good a boxer and explosive puncher with the reach of a LH. Mayweather won't be able to outbox Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                      X