Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will WARD Come Back? IF He beat JOSHUA, WORLD Would Noise for Wilder-Ward...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will WARD Come Back? IF He beat JOSHUA, WORLD Would Noise for Wilder-Ward...

Ward's father would be proud from their Heavyweight lineage expectancy.

I fear that Ward would have to see Wilder no matter what
    Wilder and Joshua aren't Ruiz (RJJ).

I doubt that Andre Ward comes back, but never say never.

Ward's issue is that he's simply not big enough to truly talk about the move up; fight fit and fully hydrated, I doubt that Andre Ward gets up to 185lbs.

In a world where Anthony Joshua is in the 240s, Wilder is in the 220s, Tyson Fury in the 250s, and the host of other massive heavyweights in this bumper crop coming along (Big Baby Miller pushing 300lbs), without any real smallish guys mixed in, there's no real opening to try, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

Ward's issue is that he's simply not big enough to truly talk about the move up; fight fit and fully hydrated, I doubt that Andre Ward gets up to 185lbs.

In a world where Anthony Joshua is in the 240s, Wilder is in the 220s, Tyson Fury in the 250s, and the host of other massive heavyweights in this bumper crop coming along (Big Baby Miller pushing 300lbs), without any real smallish guys mixed in, there's no real opening to try, tbh.
      I agree. But I think Ward should feel free like Sugar Ray Robinson and let skills and speed overrule any skepticism.

Perhaps Ward needs the break to let his metabolism slow down and see how his muscle accumulates to fat naturally, because Ward isnt a naturally big dude as we all know. Courage under fire

Comment

Have you seen fury lately? You should change 250 to 350

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          He’s 250 bro. You know they say the camera adds 100 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
            I agree. But I think Ward should feel free like Sugar Ray Robinson and let skills and speed overrule any skepticism.

Perhaps Ward needs the break to let his metabolism slow down and see how his muscle accumulates to fat naturally, because Ward isnt a naturally big dude as we all know. Courage under fire

robinson was a knockout puncher and fought that way. he did not rely on his speed, or being negative with holding, circling away, etc, like ward did. he did box at times, but it was settingup traps to land hard shots. ward set up clinches

ward's style will not transition into higher weights. you just can't clinch joshua when he's 50+ lbs of muscle stronger than you are, and half a foot taller. when iwas at ward - kovalev 1, myself and evyerody else in the building was shocked at how small he looked next to kovalev. just imagine hwat he'd look like next to joshua.

if you really need to get an idea of what 50 lbs of msucle and bone looks like and what it means, buy 50 lbs of pork ribs. then carry them around for a while and see how you feel. that's what he's up against. and pork ribs don't hit back.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              When Fury was fighting fit, he was basically in the 250s. Talking about Fury now would be at if you're talking about Riddick Bowe; Bowe's never coming back to the ring anyway, so who cares what he's weighing.

Comment

When Fury was fighting fit, he was basically in the 250s. Talking about Fury now would be at if you're talking about Riddick Bowe; Bowe's never coming back to the ring anyway, so who cares what he's weighing.
                He might make it as a sumo wrestler at this point

Comment

Working...
                X