Comments Thread For: McGregor Plans To Continue Boxing Career Beyond Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcgregor vs Berto

Comment

He'll rethink this in a couple of weeks .......is it over yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think he believes Paulie is beneath him. I don't see Conor vs Paulie happening. If Conor fights again I think he'll fight a higher caliber guy than Paulie or he'll fight a more journeyman guy (if he loses & loses bad).

And if the sparring went like Conor is saying all he'd have to do is release the full fight tape post-Floyd & no one else would wanna see that fight either.
        Why would he release the video if he can potentially fight Paulie next? You don't release a video when you can make money off the video by fighting Paulie and not releasing it.

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
          Why would he release the video if he can potentially fight Paulie next? You don't release a video when you can make money off the video by fighting Paulie and not releasing it.
          Well he's actually said he f#cked up Paulie's sh^t so its not a sellable fight I'd argue. The first presser question is if you beat up Paulie in sparring why do you wanna fight him now? And the second presser question is why should we watch?

Idk that I buy that this Conor vs Paulie thing has any wings. I think Conor is dismissive of Paulie as a fighter & say what you will about Conor, but he's a guy who wants challenges, I mean thats why he's got 2 titles in a minor MMA league, then got 2 titles in the UFC & why he's fighting Floyd now. Anyone thinking Conor just wants some classic boxing easy setup type W like Cotto gots lined up on the same date doesn't know sh^t about Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
            He's setting the stage to fight Paulie next.
            I'd actually pay for that just to see McGregor beat that chump into a pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              He'll rethink this in a couple of weeks .......is it over yet!
              I don't agree with that notion. With the amount of money he'll make from this one fight, even if he gets embarrassed he'll still be able to make money in the sport. He'd be stupid to not do it again. I just don't think he'll be super successful in the sport.

Boxers get utterly embarrassed all the time and they keep on going. I don't think this is any different. Who cares if he loses bad. I don't think he cares, otherwise he would've never took the fight.

Comment

Well he's actually said he f#cked up Paulie's sh^t so its not a sellable fight I'd argue. The first presser question is if you beat up Paulie in sparring why do you wanna fight him now? And the second presser question is why should we watch?

Idk that I buy that this Conor vs Paulie thing has any wings. I think Conor is dismissive of Paulie as a fighter & say what you will about Conor, but he's a guy who wants challenges, I mean thats why he's got 2 titles in a minor MMA league, then got 2 titles in the UFC & why he's fighting Floyd now. Anyone thinking Conor just wants some classic boxing easy setup type W like Cotto gots lined up on the same date doesn't know sh^t about Conor.
                If he really did beat up Paulie then he would've released the entire video instead of releasing 45 secs of a 36 min video.

Comment

If he really did beat up Paulie then he would've released the entire video instead of releasing 45 secs of a 36 min video.
                  So you'd release a 36 minute tape of your sparring which no one gots a clue as to your strategy or style so that your opponent in 2 weeks could see it along with the world at large just to prove something to a former sparring partner? LOL. Thats silly man & just a horrible move for a team.

Why wouldn't you release the tape after the fight you got scheduled? What difference does it make to release today or a month for now? To win arguments for a bunch of dorks on a boxing forum? Cuz Conor & Paulie both know the truth already whatever that happens to be.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 08-14-2017, 10:37 PM.

Comment

So you'd release a 36 minute tape of your sparring which no one gots a clue as to your strategy or style so that your opponent in 2 weeks could see it along with the world at large just to prove something to a former sparring partner? LOL. Thats silly man & just a horrible move for a team.

Why wouldn't you release the tape after the fight you got scheduled? What difference does it make to release today or a month for now? To win arguments for a bunch of dorks on a boxing forum? Cuz Conor & Paulie both know the truth already whatever that happens to be.
                    They're not releasing **** because they know it's not true.

Paulie fights nothing like Floyd and doesn't have 10% of the skills and talent that Floyd has. You're acting like Conor has a chance.

What if Paulie told Floyd what Conor is planning on doing?

Comment

They're not releasing **** because they know it's not true.
                      LOL dude you are missing the point. They aren't releasing it if its not true or is true cuz it'd be stupid to release your sparring video before a fight when people know so lil about how you fight in particular. I don't even give a f#ck about the Paulie thing. That has nothing to do with why one wouldn't release the full video in my mind.

Paulie fights nothing like Floyd and doesn't have 10% of the skills and talent that Floyd has. You're acting like Conor has a chance.
                      EVERYONE in the ring gots a chance. Its silly to suggest otherwise. Its a sh^tty chance, but he gots one.

What if Paulie told Floyd what Conor is planning on doing?
                      He may have. I mean I've heard Paulie's boy say enough that I think I got some idea what Conor is gonna do, but all I'm saying is regardless of all that you can't willfully release 36 minutes of your sparring for a guy you are about to fight lol. That makes no sense. In particular over a scorned sparring partner situation, no matter how much I agree or not with that sparring partner.

Comment

Working...
                      X