Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: If Pacquiao Lost To Floyd Again, He'd Claim Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given Pac was still throwing the right hand with speed and power after he injured it makes me wonder how much pain was he in. I doubt he was in enough pain that it affected his performance. If his shoulder was bothering him the way Berto's shoulder was in the Soto Karass fight, then I would say definitely Floyd should rematch him. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I understand Manny knowing that he wasn't 100% going into the fight but he chose to do it. He should of just took his lost like a man, without whining, and he would have gotten his rematch. Also given he lost all the rounds prior to injuring his shoulder, also makes me wonder if a healthy shoulder would have made a difference. Manny's shoulder being healthy wouldn't have changed the fact that Floyd is a more skilled boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      he won in those fights tho... LOL
      Point is he made an injury excuse as to why his performance was not what it should have been - which was the point of the post. Pay attention.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      and going by your logic, pac was also on the shakes when marquez knocked him out cold... so????
      If you ask half the board they'll say it was a lucky punch. So...?

Done with you dude.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
        Given Pac was still throwing the right hand with speed and power after he injured it makes me wonder how much pain was he in. I doubt he was in enough pain that it affected his performance. If his shoulder was bothering him the way Berto's shoulder was in the Soto Karass fight, then I would say definitely Floyd should rematch him. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I understand Manny knowing that he wasn't 100% going into the fight but he chose to do it. He should of just took his lost like a man, without whining, and he would have gotten his rematch. Also given he lost all the rounds prior to injuring his shoulder, also makes me wonder if a healthy shoulder would have made a difference. Manny's shoulder being healthy wouldn't have changed the fact that Floyd is a more skilled boxer.
        Skilled at hugging yes.

And the boos resonate louder every hug he made lol
        remembering the romantic foreplay of floyd's courtship to Manny in the ring..

A dance of melodramatic events that caused ripples of millions of fight fans dismayed for such poor showing of chivalry that brought forth a foul taste in their mouths for purchasing a product they were expecting to receive turned out different. A lemon and not was promised. As they violently screamed and booed for what they witnessed is not what they were promised. They wanted their money back!

Mayweather Hugging & Running Away from Pacquiao. The boos in the arena heard after every Floyd hug. Reality bites.

Floyd Mayweather Booed at after Defeating Manny Pacquiao

# if there is a guy who needed to redeem himself for all that queerness in his quest to survive 12 rounds against an asian midget. It's always been the bald guy for such sorry display of boxing if you can call it that.

Comment

good post !

I don't believe that Pac suffered an injury during that fight.

He may have had an old niggle heading into camp, not sure, but I doubt that had any bearing at all on the outcome.

Oh, and..... Bob Arum tells lies, continually !

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Skilled at hugging yes.

And the boos resonate louder every hug he made lol
            remembering the romantic foreplay of floyd's courtship to Manny in the ring..

A dance of melodramatic events that caused ripples of millions of fight fans dismayed for such poor showing of chivalry that brought forth a foul taste in their mouths for purchasing a product they were expecting to receive turned out different. A lemon and not was promised. As they violently screamed and booed for what they witnessed is not what they were promised. They wanted their money back!

Mayweather Hugging & Running Away from Pacquiao. The boos in the arena heard after every Floyd hug. Reality bites.

Floyd Mayweather Booed at after Defeating Manny Pacquiao

# if there is a guy who needed to redeem himself for all that queerness in his quest to survive 12 rounds against an asian midget. It's always been the bald guy for such sorry display of boxing if you can call it that.
            Floyd'S overuse of the clinch is an exaggerated excuse made up by haters and pac fans. Go back and watched the fight. Majority of the clinches resulted from Pacquaio rushing in while Floyd was against the ropes. That's common practice whenever that happens. That's even taught when learning to box. I know because I currently box. I can understand if Floyd threw a punch and then initiated the clinch but that didn't happen alot in the fight. As far as the fans not getting they want, if they were true fans they should be familiar with Floyds style and know that ever since he moved up to welterweight he became less aggressive. That's due to the fact of his fragile hands and the fact his power is not that effective against the bigger opposition, therefore forcing him to be more defensive. He's fought defensively against lesser opposition, so why would he fight recklessly against a fighter of Pac's caliber?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
              a healthy pacquiao is a major problem for a fraud like fraud jr.

i don't think fraud jr has an iota of a chance beating a healthy pac.
              Ohhhh, so THAT'S why he took so long on the testing! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Yep... but the Floydie fans won't accept the injury. And of course Pop Floydie just luvs to talk, so he'll keep blabbering long as he's around.

I've said many times it was Pac's most ignorant move to not postpone the Floydie fight. And as for a torn rotator cuff, I've had one forever, 2 of 3 muscles torn, will definitely take surgery to fix properly. But if push comes to shove, you can still throw punches, it's just a lot harder and more painful, and of course Floydie's people made sure Pac wouldn't even be allowed a shot. As for greatness, Floydie isn't as great as some of his fans say, and he's been proven a juicer and a ducker. IOW he isn't THE standard bearer, he's just been good at exploiting his talent for more than it really is. And he barely beat a one-armed fighter. So, until a rematch happens (it won't), I'm not impressed with him.
                OK, so what about mannys back acne? How do you explain that? How about arizas magic shakes? Or how about the whole issue he had with testing that held the fight off for such a long time?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  WRONG! The NSAC doctors also checked him. He was fine. If he was fine going into the fight, then all is fair! Floyd's people didn't have anything to do with him not getting the shot. You should stop spreading lies. NSAC decided, after they showed no proof of an injury. You're a pretty butthurt little pacroach. Sorry for your idol's loss.
                  I'll go by WesternChamp's suggestion and just ignore your DA. What ee-diott would go by what someone else says about how much pain they're in? Common sense (that thing you lack) would say ASK THE FIGHTER if they're in pain. Just stay dimwitted there bubba... it suits you.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    OK, so what about mannys back acne? How do you explain that? How about arizas magic shakes? Or how about the whole issue he had with testing that held the fight off for such a long time?
                    Wondering why you don't just go back to when Manny was a kid. Maybe he threw a mudpie at another kid. That should mark him for life, according to your DA b.s.

Here's the real question Einstein... When will you accept your idol Floydie had juiced for probably at least a dozen fights? They caught him with an IV in his house, he claimed dehydration, you bought it. Now who's the fool? Hint: It ain't me. Manny can explain his issues, Floydie can't, won't, never will. And since he's such a huge cash cow to Vegas... they let him slide.

Comment

Floyd'S overuse of the clinch is an exaggerated excuse made up by haters and pac fans. Go back and watched the fight. Majority of the clinches resulted from Pacquaio rushing in while Floyd was against the ropes. That's common practice whenever that happens. That's even taught when learning to box. I know because I currently box. I can understand if Floyd threw a punch and then initiated the clinch but that didn't happen alot in the fight. As far as the fans not getting they want, if they were true fans they should be familiar with Floyds style and know that ever since he moved up to welterweight he became less aggressive. That's due to the fact of his fragile hands and the fact his power is not that effective against the bigger opposition, therefore forcing him to be more defensive. He's fought defensively against lesser opposition, so why would he fight recklessly against a fighter of Pac's caliber?
                      Made up??

Can't you hear the boos every time Floyd hugged manny? Yup all made up right? Or your just to disillusioned by Froid's divk in your mouth to see the truth?

Here look at it again and listen attentively let me know if it's a mirage lol

Too much holding over an injured asian midget. it only shows lack of confidence. And skill to oneself.

It only show a serious lack of skill. I respect a guy with a great defense and excellent footwork, but all too often, fans try to say a guy who runs and holds is great at both, when he just isn't. He's holding because he can't fight on the inside. He'd running and leaping away from shots because he has no fundamentals as far as footwork and feinting to put the opponent where he wants them. A lack of knowledge and skill overall, which is annoying to say the least. Derrick Gainer is a prime example of this. Just watch his fight with Marquez. Gainer showed speed but not really any skills or heart for that matter.

A boxer is holding coz his skill is limited. Holding is a desperate act of survival. It's the easiest way to get away from a tight fix. Refs that allow this are either paid off or just plain stupid not to notice this isn't allowed in boxing.

A boxer should try to get away from a pickle by boxing, bobbing, weaving, slip, sliding, rolling with the punches, feinting, countering, while holding is a form of desperation and is very amateur given they are suppose to be Pros. Boxers are expected to fight/punch and block punches with their ability to evade punches through defense and not by lame holding.

Last edited by Spoon23; 09-29-2016, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X