No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Reacts To Resolution on Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
    To my understanding, your mandatory fight can't be at a catch weight. Then again, it's the WBC we're talking about.
    It can if the parties agree. Once it goes to purse bid though, a catchweight cannot be imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      What's the alternative? They could either agree to a one fight deal to fight Canelo, or say no, stomp their feet and get Canelo stripped and have no Canelo fight at all. Seems like they went with the option that gets them a Canelo fight.
      Exactly. If K2 went "scortched earth" and got Canelo stripped, what then? If Saunders wins, he aint fighting GGG. And if Lee wins, theres a decent chance Dibella makes Lee-Jacobs. So if K2 kills the Canelo option, they are left with no Canelo, and possibly no Lee, no Saunders, and no Jacobs.

Meanwhile Canelo goes around still calling himself the "lineal champ"

They really didnt have much of a choice here. Going scortched earth at this moment would have been a mistake.....
      Last edited by OnePunch; 12-14-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        What's the alternative? They could either agree to a one fight deal to fight Canelo, or say no, stomp their feet and get Canelo stripped and have no Canelo fight at all. Seems like they went with the option that gets them a Canelo fight.
        What one fight deal? All that was done was postpone, as usual. Team golovkin does what team Golovkin always does. They bent over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          What one fight deal? All that was done was postpone, as usual. Team golovkin does what team Golovkin always does. They bent over.
          You didn't read the articles? The agreement is to take one fight each then fight each other. Obviously if at that point Canelo is saying no, GGG has to move on and forget about it. He's not in a position to force a fight immediately unfortunately, thus my "it's better than nothing" comment.

Comment

Why are people acting like somehow this means Canelo's hands are tied? His team are just going to do whatever they want anyway. Do you really believe for a second the Mexico City-based WBC is going to let the biggest current Mexican draw walk?

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              alvared will pollo out. guaranteed
              I know theres issue with the weight its funny that the WBC is pretending like they dont know that's a roadblock

Comment

This is fair/positive, but still not 100% convinced the fight will happen.

Canelo has the option of using the next 10-11 months to commit/adapt to 160.

I hope he does, it could be a great fight.

Team Golovkin did not have much option, but good for them for co-signing this.

And that is EXACTLY what they could have done with Ward.

Just like Kovalev did.

Canelo's next opponent/weight, will determine how serious he is.

Comment

dont know why people complain,ggg accepted this,he could have said no,that he already stepped aside for cotto and demand this fight next

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Fields View Post
                    I know theres issue with the weight its funny that the WBC is pretending like they dont know that's a roadblock

They gave Canelo a window to adapt to 160.

Thats all folks were asking.

Give him a catchweight NOW, or give him time to prepare for 160.

The ball is in Canelo's court..... he needs to make a decision.

Team Golovkin agreeing to this, shows how serious they were about Ward

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      They gave Canelo a window to adapt to 160.

Thats all folks were asking.

Give him a catchweight NOW, or give him time to prepare for 160.

The ball is in Canelo's court..... he needs to make a decision.

Team Golovkin agreeing to this, shows how serious they were about Ward
                      I don't think 5 months is long enough for him to grow into that weight. He would need at least two fights at 160 before going after someone like Golovkin. Team Canelo wont go for it I believe. Im sure Canelo himself doesnt much care either way

Comment

Working...
                      X