Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting on muscle to enhance power is for idiots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Ha, to anyone that knows their stuff, you've made yourself look like a complete idiot, unless you are trolling, which makes you an unwise idiot anyway.

(strength gains convert to endurance better than training endurance alone for sports like boxing, but hey stick to your 3x12 reps you r tard I dont want to help you anymore)

I studied from world class proven Olympic sports coaches not some ****ty american association.

I end this discussion here. Too many idiots.
    Firstly, I'm quoting from one of the most prestigious universities in the world. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about if you think you know more about science and sports than them.

Secondly, what are you on about strength gains converting to endurance gains? Tyson used to do two thousand squats, five hundred pushups and five hundred tricep dips everyday. I highly doubt that one of the best heavyweights of all time was doing his training wrong.

Can you name these coaches you studied from by the way? Or how they came to be teaching you? Because it's clear that you have no education in sports science, so I'd be interested in what idiot has told you this bunch of lies. And I don't necessarily like using my information from American universities but they know everything about the human body. Why do you think they pass all their drug tests?

I'll tell you again. Your techniques don't work. Joshua beat Whyte. Don't make a thread if you're not willing to debate.

Comment

Real life applications beat theory every time. A lot of people on forums come up with all these outlandish rep schemes and workouts that have gone against what boxers have been doing for over a hundred years but have no actual proof that they work. Their defense is "prove that it doesn't " yeah well buddy that's an illogical fallacy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

Look above at how skinny his legs are and yet he is the highest jumper in the world.

You can put on MASSIVE amounts of strength and power with 0 or next to 0 muscle growth!

It may be slightly better to put on size too, but the massive drain on cardio for a small increase in power is what makes it STUPID!

Whats worse is many who muscle up dont even get much stronger either only bigger, so its not liek they increase strength to optimal levels without growth and then put on more size to get even further results, no they put on alot of size and only make a little increase in size and power.

Why are so many people so ******ed when it comes to sports?

Why is bodybuilding/sculpting so infectious in performance sports?
        Yes... I guess everyone is wrong. I guess the HW's that look like bodybuilders thay are all wrong. Muscles are useless. (ironic)

Comment

Uh who the **** said this was a record. Its a one high foot kick and the one high foot kick world record set n 2013 is also 9'9" and they are not allowed to take a 30 foot running head start.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=102838071926

Comment

I think more weight it great if it doesn't ruin your speed. There's a point where muscle stops adding power because it takes away too much speed. While more weight makes for a more powerful punch, losing speed doesn't just lose you power, but also defense and mobility. It's a tradeoff.

Comment

People always talk about muscle and power. muscle is important, but then so is technique and FOCUS.

overemphasis on pure theory will confuse your muscle memory. Just let it happen. Let the repeated and mindful repetition of one simple technique allow you to branch your skill to something more specialized and unique to your particular set of physical and mental abilities..

At the end, you should be aiming to progress. Forget what others say in books, universities, science papers, or boxing forums, note and track your own progress (or ask the for the tutelage from someone qualified). If progress is observed, then you are on the right path.

Comment

I think that putting on muscle might contribute, but not in the sense that it turns the tables. Those that can already punch hard, will probably punch even harder as they have the technique to capitalize on their improved strength. Those that can't punch very hard, might improve a little bit, but won't suddenly become knock out artists. So I think that the truth, like always, is somewhere in the middle, which is also why Alex is almost always wrong, but that's beside the point.

Comment

Working...
                X