Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
    Canelo just fought back-to-back fights against a man who
    was considered by many to be the best pound-4-pound
    boxer in the world, and who was favored to beat him.
    Letting him take an optional defense after that is not
    exactly protecting their 'cash cow'.
    Had Golovkin beaten Canelo he would have had Charlo
    waiting for him, so pitting the two against each other
    makes more sense than an immediate rubber match
    between Canelo & GGG. I know some people would prefer
    if they just keep letting Golovkin fight Canelo over-&-over
    until GGG finally manages to win, but that's not realistic or
    likely to happen.
    I have no problem with Canelo getting a gimme fight.

But no either the last fight was either controversial enough to warrant another fight (which I believe it was). Or it wasn’t and the next guy up (Charlo) should get his shot. This was absolutely the Mexican WBC trying to get in Canelo’s good graces.

I personally don’t think it makes a deal of difference. Canelo and Golovkin are going to do what they want. The WBC has no power.

Comment

• Originally posted by The3 View Post
      GGG doesn't have to fight Charlo to get the 3rd fight his going to get it , Oscar and Canelo both know Canelo/GGG 3 buyrated is better then Chalor

- Canelo-Khan fight draws 'around' 600K PPV buys
      - Alvarez-Liam fight draws 'around' 600K PPV buys

Charlo will be the new WBC world champion by law of holding the WBC interm belt, Canelo will give up that belt after his December fight to setup May fight
      Khan PPV is right. Liam PPV was only 300K.

Not sure how things will change with Canelo’s new deal regarding PPVs.

Comment

• Let’s just wait and see how this plays out...if Charlo want that GGG fight he better not look too good against Monroe

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Are you still torturing Golovkin's fans again?

just a little

well, they won't STFU..... so, I have to really

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            Let’s just wait and see how this plays out...if Charlo want that GGG fight he better not look too good against Monroe

they won't fight Charlo..... because they don't think they have to

Canelo already promised them a rematch..... which was just silly

Canelo should have demanded that Golovkin earn it..... either by getting a clean win over Jacobs or by beating Charlo..... those guys also have to eat, and if they can beat Golovkin they are a better opponent than Golovkin..... nobody would say a thing

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              just a little

well, they won't STFU..... so, I have to really
              I hear ya! I ain't mad at cha!

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                Lemiux is a big name? or you mean decent name? what bigger name for charlo than Geegg? tho I think Geegg would win im tired of seeing canelo vs Gggee.... from a business perspective I understand it but im a fan, all this talk from the charlos I would love to see him vs gggee. its like on one hand fans complain about the best not fighting the best and then when a fight presents itself they turn into business men.
                I'm guessing he's saying no one is going to fight him if he doesn't bring some money to the table. He needs to be more active and not only fight manditories.
                Last edited by TonyGe; 10-27-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• So loeffler tells the world I will speak to GGG and see what he wants. and now weeks later loeffler is flat out saying GGG won't fight Charlo so we know who is the one that shut it down. GGG the ducking coward.

Comment

• "No... No... he is too much"

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I'm guessing he's saying no one is going to fight him if he doesn't bring some money to the table. He needs to be more active and not only fight manditories.

he needs to stop ducking, and fight someone with a pulse

someone not named Canelo, he has had enough free handouts

just in the last 12 months..... Hypekin could have taken fights with Saunders, Derevyanchenko, and Charlo..... but he passed

you guys have waited half-a-lifetime for Golovkin to do what guys like Ward/Canelo are doing..... and yet, you clowns bashed both of those guys lol

Ward and Canelo are exactly who you thought Golovkin would be

Comment

Working...
                      X