Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow India / Pakistan Boxing for over 3000 years. Someone educate the Garcias..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    I looked into this after the racist remarks from the Garcias. It's some interesting info. It turns out that boxing has been in the Indian/Pakistani and Arab world long before it ever came over to this side of the planet and it could have actually started there!

Taken from Wiki:
    Many of the popular sports mentioned in the Vedas (3000 year old Indian texts) and the epics have their origins in military training, such as wrestling (maladvandva), boxing (musti yuddha) and archery (dhanurvidya).[5]

The country of Pakistan has only been around since 1947, before that the region was part of India too so Pakistanis are actually a mix of Indians and Arabs.

One of the oldest martial arts is known as Kalaripayattu from ancient India. Some say it's actually the world's first martial arts and was introduced to China by a traveling monk but that's a hotly debated topic.

This picture is found in the Ptah Hotep tomb from 2500 BCE. Pharaohs and princes watched the boxing match, which indicates that it was an organized contest.

No they are not, Racially they are Indian, but culturally they are more into they're muslim faith.

Comment

They do play cricket in cricket the caribbean, they play as the west indies which includes Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana, Barbados, and some other countries they were dominant during the 70s and 80s but now they aren't that great

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
        No they are not, Racially they are Indian, but culturally they are more into they're muslim faith.
        Read the full paragraph, I said Indian and Arab which incorporates a combination of races and religious persuasions, whether segregated or integrated in any given circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Lets be real here. If parts of the Caribbean, Central America, and North America played cricket instead of baseball they'd be dominating it. India is on average one of the shortest countries on the planet, that alone would be a serious handicap in most team sports.
          LOL we shouldn't be comparing baseball with cricket, Baseball in which obese people just stand and play, with cricket in which real skill and athleticism is required, and this is coming from someone who plays both sports

Comment

Garcia's dad is very ignorant. I know he's saying everything he said was just an observation, but he's still very ignorant with the way he handles his "observations". He says he's never seen a Pakistani that could fight before... what exactly is the purpose of that comment? I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I believed he said that to imply Amir (because of his Pakistani heritage) can't really fight. If that's not the message he wanted to get across what was what he was trying to say? A random comment about Pakistani people at a time where it just happens that his son is fighting someone of that heritage?

I'm puertorican, and I'm glad Garcia doesn't have throat cancer anymore, but God did not heal him for him to run his mouth like that, that's just his ignorance making him believe that, or him justifying his reckless mouth.

Amir Khan being Pakistani is not an advantage or a disadvantage in the boxing ring. Fighters are not good or bad because of their race, and nationalities with a good history in proffesoinal boxing don't have anything in their gene pool or their water supplies to make superior fighters. It's all based on numbers and schools. If you have good schools of boxing and a lot of traffic, than that nation will produce good boxers. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, tanned, yellow, orange, blue, etc.

I wanted to root for Garcia because in a way he still does represen boricuas, but his dad has really turned me off with his comments, and I hope Khan puts on the best perfomance he's capable of this saturday night.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Read the full paragraph, I said Indian and Arab which incorporates a combination of races and religious persuasions, whether segregated or integrated in any given circumstance.
                indian & arab?

arab is more of a religion vs anything to do with race. so how could you twist the 2 together?

wtf

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                  indian & arab?

arab is more of a religion vs anything to do with race. so how could you twist the 2 together?

wtf

WOW since when is Arab a religion, ISLAM is a religion which is practiced by the majority of Arabs.

Comment

Looks like 2 boygirls disco-dancin' to me...not that there's anything wrong with that or anything...

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                      indian & arab?

wtf

lol.. proof that the american education system has declined beyond repair. lmao..

Arabia is the worlds largest peninsula. Go do some studying, no one's paying me to teach yo a$$.

Is this site full of preschoolers or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X