No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr. vs Rocky Marciano

Either the HW or LHW version of Jones vs Rocky. How does this fight go?

Jones was a smoke show. He's unbeatable before Target....

Comment

- -What, no specs of glove size, ring size and matting, and rounds.

Let's pretend to play rock, paper, scissors or be Ghost Busters, that's the ticket!!!

Comment

Marciano KO in 5 rounds Roy couldn’t handle Tarver

Comment

Marciano had the most basic plodding style, no head movement, no footwork, Roy would be like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

Roy gives him hell. But we don't know how Roy does over 15 rounds with small gloves. I dunno if there's that much of a difference in size and power, but this has the feel of "The Tortoise vs. The Hare".

I wouldn't be surprised if either man won, but we're probably going to see just how good of a pure-boxer Roy was. Marciano was the Wilder prototype of the fighter who needs just one punch to end it at anytime, but he was also better in every other aspect.

tough night for both men.

Comment

If we put a grappler in against a puncher we can predict advantages and odds fairly easily.

Its very simple: To punch takes a marvel of biomechanical efficiency. I must project my hand in space, with knowledge of where your head is, and a proper distance, my weight must settle at the right time, and my hand must be held properly...

The grappler? all he has to do it grab you and he has two points of contact, you and the ground. So generally speaking a grappler will touch a puncher first, which is why grappling versus punching often looks like it does.

Marciano would know in a heartbeat that all he had to do was be able to touch Roy.

Roy's speed would be useless. As soon as Marciano was on him there would be nothing Roy could do to keep him off of him. Archie moore who gave a game effort had to take many shots, so did Ezzard Charles...Roy's chin is nowhere near that capability.

Roy liked the idea of heavyweights because, like with Ruiz, he could stay away and pick them apart. Ain't happening with marciano who would never give Roy room to set. I don't think the fight would last very long at all. Roy just did not like to get hit.

Comment

Rocky wouldn't know where to begin his attack.

Slow, short armed, easy to hit and avoid....That ''what if'' angle, though

RJJ absolutely embarrasses Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Rocky wouldn't know where to begin his attack.

Slow, short armed, easy to hit and avoid....That ''what if'' angle, though

RJJ absolutely embarrasses Rocky.
                  judst like he embarassed the smaller tarver in a 12 round belt with bed pillow-boxing gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                    judst like he embarassed the smaller tarver in a 12 round belt with bed pillow-boxing gloves?
                    No, just like he'd batter sloth like, dwarf armed Rocky. Shame that everyone doesn't fight the same way, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X