No announcement yet.

Why is Al Haymon accused of rigging fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Al Haymon accused of rigging fights

evertime a decision don`t go the way some people felt it should go(or wanted it to go).Al Haymon is a manager, he don`t have as much control of a fight as a promoter do.Both Gabe Rosado and Kid Chocolate are signed to Goldenboy.Goldenboy have far more control of a fight then Haymon does.In the Ishe Smith/Carlos Molina fight,Molina won a disputed decision,and that was fought on a Mayweather Promotions/Goldenboy Promotions fight where Al Haymon is the business adviser to Floyd.Badou Jack-whose on Mayweather promotions-got a draw against Marco Antonio Periban and most people-including myself-felt that Badou Jack deserved the decision.

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    evertime a decision don`t go the way some people felt it should go(or wanted it to go).Al Haymon is a manager, he don`t have as much control of a fight as a promoter do.Both Gabe Rosado and Kid Chocolate are signed to Goldenboy.Goldenboy have far more control of a fight then Haymon does.In the Ishe Smith/Carlos Molina fight,Molina won a disputed decision,and that was fought on a Mayweather Promotions/Goldenboy Promotions fight where Al Haymon is the business adviser to Floyd.Badou Jack-whose on Mayweather promotions-got a draw against Marco Antonio Periban and most people-including myself-felt that Badou Jack deserved the decision.
    Al Haymon has plenty of control when he needs it bruh, you new to boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Al Haymon has plenty of control when he needs it bruh, you new to boxing?

I`m far from new to boxing.And Haymon does not have as much control of a fight as a promoter does.

Comment

You don't need to be a promoter to sway a fight. You need to have money

In boxing:

Money = Influence

Haymon is manager of THE biggest names in the sport.
        He has all the money in the world. His boxers are just investments. Notice how he always has undefeated records under his banner? Because they're marketable. Which, in turn, makes their records all the more fragile. If a fight gets close, he has the $$$ to influence the decision in his fighters favor to protect that "0".
        Last edited by BG_Knocc_Out; 10-26-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Al Haymon is evil because of his main star; his fighters get no more benifit of the doubt than any other fighters fom other promotional companies.

Comment

I thought Gabe was signed with Russell Peltz?

Comment

Haymon is a shadowy figure who wields a lot of influence in a very dirty and corrupt sport plus people just dig conspiracy theories.

In short Haymon is a conspiracy theorist's wet dream

Comment

I`m far from new to boxing.And Haymon does not have as much control of a fight as a promoter does.
                That shows how little you know about it even though you're "far from new...". The person with most control over the boxer is his MANAGER. By virtue of his position, he is bound hand and foot to protect the fighter in every and any situation, and work only to his best advantage, representing his best interests when deciding to either accept, or advise the fighter to accept a fight. He negotiates with the promoter.

The promoter has a sort of oblique control by deciding to use the fighter or not. But at the same time, the promoter is, by CONTRACT, obligated to make a specific number of bouts for the fighter, and at a contractually agreed minimum.

The story about Haymon is that he is NOT a manager but an "advisor". His dark aura of Richlieu-like mystique gives him a reputation of having immense power.

You guys could easily look up the duties and obligations of managers, advisors and promoters on the internet. I did it a few years ago, and the above is what I read therein.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                  You don't need to be a promoter to sway a fight. You need to have money

In boxing:

Money = Influence

Haymon is manager of THE biggest names in the sport.
                  He has all the money in the world. His boxers are just investments. Notice how he always has undefeated records under his banner? Because they're marketable. Which, in turn, makes their records all the more fragile. If a fight gets close, he has the $$$ to influence the decision in his fighters favor to protect that "0".
                  you don't know what your talking about...15 million net worth is all the money in the world to rig boxing matches???...your bubby bob arum might have more say in fixing fights then you care to know my friend...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...tigation_x.htm

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...mon-net-worth/

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...rum-net-worth/
                  Last edited by rayb112; 10-26-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Because his fighters always get dodgy decisions

Comment

Working...
                    X