Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather jr. the only undefeated boxer with the best resume of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkerSmith1921 View Post
    Not only does he have the best resume of the undefeats but he's never been knocked down.
    zab judah knocked him down, but it wasn't called by the ref...floyd's glove did touch the canvas tho..
    Last edited by Bermuda; 12-24-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      Really? Because I could of sworn he won by UD.
      yea, and pacquiao lost by UD to bradley as well.

Comment

You know what i love about Mayweather fans? They only follow Floyd and they dont know jackshhheeet about anyone else. Worst boxing fans ever!

Comment

Originally posted by WalkerSmith1921 View Post
          Not only does he have the best resume of the undefeats but he's never been knocked down.
          He's been knocked down, once officially. It wasn't a knock down, but then I just pretend that when he got properly knocked down by Judah and the ref missed it that it counts for that one instead.

So yes, he's been knocked down.

Counter right hook, from memory, to Floyds straight right. The fact that Pac has a right hook that makes Judahs look like junk makes me think he could have caught Floyd coming in shooting that straight right. Sadly, we'll never know.

As for the OP, its certainly up for debate I think.

The best names Floyd beat, Oscar, Mosley and Marquez were all old or smaller guys moving up. He has some excellent wins against Hernandez, Castillo and Corrales too.

However, if we go by that, Marciano does have greater name power. Ezzard Charles is a top ten P4P ATG (some have him top 20).
          Joe Louis, was old and shot, but is also an ATG.
          Archie Moore is put in the top 10/20 ATGs.
          Jersey Joe Walcott is among the greatest ever too.

Those four alone are much greater than anything on Floyds resume and while they were past their best, so were Oscar and Mosley while Marquez was moving up two divisions for his first ever fight at 147 never having fought above 135.
          Last edited by BennyST; 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

no way u can compare floyd to the fighters of old... those guys are what u call throwback fighters and there was no ducking and dodging... his record is average for the new school fighters of the present but don,t think for one minute that he,s special... merry christmas to all and to all a goodnight...

Comment

if he were to retire I think he and Marciano would be the two best undefeated fighters in boxing history with Salvador Sanchez + Ricardo Lopez as 3rd and 4th, and Calzaghe 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by ASR10 View Post
                yea, and pacquiao lost by UD to bradley as well.
                Yeah because those two fights are even remotely on the same level.

The majority of the ringside press scored that fight for Floyd. It was a close competitive fight.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez has a draw and suss SD loss very early in his career when he was about 17 or 18.

Comment

The past prime old men that Marciano beat up were better than the past prime old men that Mayweather has beaten up.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                      Ottkes resume greater than floyd
                      1/10 are you even trying?

And I'm guessing it will be the best out of the undefeated(Which is a pretty short list).

Comment

Working...
                      X