Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Degale should never fight in britain again!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's anything to do with the fact that Degale is mixed race, he has been acting like a cocky prick and I think people in general like to see arrogant loudmouth types get taken down a peg or two. Not only that his behaviour leading up to the fight is reminiscent of a schoolyard bully, stupid **** like caling Groves 'ugly boy' constantly. Groves just seems like a more likeable, more humble person and that's why he had such a large percentage of support within the O2. Plus who doesn't love an underdog coming through and prevailing?

I don't know if you're American or not but race seems to be a bigger issue and cause more division in the States than on this side of the pond. That's not to say the UK doesn't have any problems in that regard, most places do but a decent percentage of Americans seem obsessed with the issue of race moreso than others.

And you say Groves is a brawler but that's not what won him the fight tonight... I don't know how you can call it a 'robbery' even if you disagree with the decision, it was a very close fight and I had it a draw to be honest but a decision either way can't really be called a robbery in this instance.

Comment

glad that piece of **** got beat hahahah Mug!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
        Why is Pacquiao more popular in the US than he is in the UK? LMAO, Mayweather has more of a following in the UK and he's generally perceived to be lesser warrior of the two..
        That's more BS, if Paquiao had a public workout like Mayweather in the UK, he would get just as many fans show up. UK fans were just happy to see an international superstar of boxing. Mayweather's proven a bit more than the guys in question anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
          I'm at home among people who actually know what they're talking about, regardless of nationality.

You realize that Pacquiao is arguably more popular/supported in the US than Mayweather is, right? I mean, if all you have to support your pathetically weak argument is a dig at one fighter whom you hate (Mayweather), you might as well just quit.
          What argument? I'm just responding to an insult.

My initial statement was that the Brit public by in large hate DeGale due to his personality and would sooner follow a less talented fighter like Groves. Americans are more forgiving of personality providing that fighter wins fights. That was all I said.

You came back with some unrelated personal stuff about me jerking off with my left hand (which I do btw) and some other stuff about superior Yank training. I was happy to leave it there but if you want to continue with a Pac - Mayweather thread then please feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
            They only liked Bruno because he was a brawler who used to get beaten up!!.. but put a cocky black fighter in the ring who can actually fight and it becomes a different story!! .
            you're annoying.

Comment

Degale talked sh.t about Haye and got what what was coming to him.

Good ridddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                They only liked Bruno because he was a brawler who used to get beaten up!!.. but put a cocky black fighter in the ring who can actually fight and it becomes a different story!! .
                Again, fight fans like modesty and heart. You tried to play the race card and your little theory was seen through as complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  Degale is defiantly the more gifted and talented boxer, but mentality wise Groves is stronger. When the going gets tough Groves seems to be able to deal with the pressure much better than Degale!

I mean I'm not writing Degale off, but having all the skills doesn't bring you titles! I'm inclined to question the mentality of Degale at the moment, because his attitude in the final rounds was questionable. Groves seems that guy to go the extra mile - not Degale though.

In the next year, we're going to see what Degale is really made of, it's make or break for him now. He has the talent and skills, but the mentality of a champion? I'm not so sure, this could be his downfall.
                  He's still a pup in boxing terms, he has plenty of time to work on correcting any mental weaknesses with experience. I don't necessarily think he bottled the fight, more a case of him not wanting to look bad so desperately that he forgot to look good, if you get what I'm saying.

I think he needs to sort out his punching technique and work on his range and timing a bit. He doesn't seem to have honed the right instincts to compliment his particular abilities yet.

Comment

He's done!

Comment

I'm more glad Jim McDonnell was on the losing side than DeGale.

He is a horrible little twit. You can imagine him living exclusively from Pot Noddles.

Comment

Working...
                      X