Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sánchez:Which fights would you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvador Sánchez:Which fights would you recommend?

I dont know much about this guy, so could anyone here recommend which fights I should check out?

The obvious one is his fight with Wilfredo Gomez.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
      The obvious one is his fight with Wilfredo Gomez.
      Thanks ill try and find it now. Also how would you describe his style and his defensive technique?

Comment

I recommend highly his fights with Juan Laporte and Ruben Castillo. Laporte i felt won most of the early rounds but Sanchez came back to win. But it was great action. Laporte as i mentioned in another thread was a game fighter who i felt beat Chavez in a close fight but lost the decision.

Castillo was i thought a closer fight than his SD win over Cowdell. Castillo i felt gave him a tough challenge and the fight was much closer than the actual scorecards. But the Cowdell fight is also worth watching.

There is also his memorable fight with a young Azumah Nelson at Madison Square Garden, which turn out to be his last fight.

Than you have the two fights with Danny Little Red Lopez. There are only about 19 Sanchez fights available in film, but i think most of them are available in YT or other sites.

Comment

Sanchez vs Nelson was a good fight with drama. Check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            I recommend highly his fights with Juan Laporte and Ruben Castillo. Laporte i felt won most of the early rounds but Sanchez came back to win. But it was great action. Laporte as i mentioned in another thread was a game fighter who i felt beat Chavez in a close fight but lost the decision.

Castillo was i thought a closer fight than his SD win over Cowdell. Castillo i felt gave him a tough challenge and the fight was much closer than the actual scorecards. But the Cowdell fight is also worth watching.

There is also his memorable fight with a young Azumah Nelson at Madison Square Garden, which turn out to be his last fight.

Than you have the two fights with Danny Little Red Lopez. There are only about 19 Sanchez fights available in film, but i think most of them are available in YT or other sites.
            These are all the fights to start with for him.

His style was an aggressive boxer/puncher. He could counter and box beautifully and brawl just as well. Great chin, good defense, though brawled too much a lot of the time and was more than happy to (however when he played the counter punching boxer had a very good defense) and his inside and outside game were both brilliant.

He truly was an incredible fighter and could have done amazing things had he gone on. His combination punching was a sight to behold and was a highly skilled fighter that had determination and a will to win second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
              Thanks ill try and find it now. Also how would you describe his style and his defensive technique?
              He was a boxer puncher with a great chin.Technically he was very sound Mills Lane the great ref said he was one of the best technical fighters he had seen.Could mix it up too against Gomez probably the biggest puncher at that time and Sanchez had no problem going toe to toe with him and got the better of Gomez.Unbelievable to thing all he had achieved by the time of his death

Comment

Marco Antonio Barrera the great Mexican fighter said he felt that Sanchez was techinicall better than Chavez.

Many have said he wouldn't be able to move up in weight which is preposterous. He beat Gomez and was better than Gomez, yet Gomez did eventually become a three weight class champ, i think with the modern paper belt system it is very likely that Sanchez could have won titles Super Feather and Lightweight.

Comment

D. Lopez I and Nelson are classics.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    He was a boxer puncher with a great chin.Technically he was very sound Mills Lane the great ref said he was one of the best technical fighters he had seen.Could mix it up too against Gomez probably the biggest puncher at that time and Sanchez had no problem going toe to toe with him and got the better of Gomez.Unbelievable to thing all he had achieved by the time of his death
                    Sanchez was a good fighter. But Mills Lane NEVER said THAT!!! SORRY!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X