Freddy Roach is delusional. "We have better footwork [than Mayweather]"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Roach is delusional. "We have better footwork [than Mayweather]"

http://www.8countnews.com/news/129/A...009-11-15.html

FR - "Well were not worried about his punching power, because he doesn't have any. But he is fast, but we are fast enough to deal with that. We have better foot work, and he doesn't like to engage too much. We will break him down like we did Cotto. He poses more of a problem with his speed. If he lays on the ropes and rolls his shoulder, and all of that bull****, we will eat him up."

Freddy has really bumped his head if he thinks Manny has better footwork than Mayweather. I'm not saying Manny can't win and doesn't have strengths, but to totally dismiss Mayweather's footwork is stupid.

Not worrying about his punching power?? No, Mayweather doesn't have 1 punch KO power but he does have respectable power. He has about 24 KOs. He did make de la Hoya's knees buckle with a quick counter off the ropes. I can see Mayweather breaking Manny down and catch him lunging in like he did Hatton.

This attitude is a prescription for failure. Manny has never fought defensive fighters and Mayweather is the best. If they do not bring Guzman, Zaheem, Steve Forbes, Cory Spinks, or other crafty defensive partners in for sparring this fight is a wrap for Mayweather. People keep talking about how Mayweather never fought a fighter like Manny, but he has at least fought to southpaws in Juday and Corley. Name 1 slick defensive fighter Manny has faced? This camp is in for a rude awakening. I think they're trying to cash out before Manny retires.

who says floyd even has good footwork? he has good upperbody movement and fast feet, but manny has mad skills at going in and out flurrying then circling

moving on it's own does'nt mean you have good footwork

tho i do believe floyd has good footwork, but he does'nt exactly hit you from awkward angles

Comment

Floyd doesn't need to hit from awkward angles...he's pin point enough to hit you with basic leads, straights, hooks and uppercuts

Manny thrives on opponents backing up and being in awe of his speedy combinations...

by the 2nd punch in a combo by Manny, Floyd will be out of there

Comment

Mayweather might have a slight edge when it comes to footwork but I don't think the difference is too big for either guy there. It's just the stuff that Mayweather does makes his footwork look real good, but Pacquiao wouldn't be able to do what he does without good footwork. The way he can pivot, turn, duck, slip all the while being in position to throw punches involves great footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
          who says floyd even has good footwork? he has good upperbody movement and fast feet, but manny has mad skills at going in and out flurrying then circling

moving on it's own does'nt mean you have good footwork

tho i do believe floyd has good footwork, but he does'nt exactly hit you from awkward angles
          Manny only comes in and goes out,no lateral mvt.Floyd is way up there and doesnt miss like Cotto.Floyd will pot shot Manny and make him miss which will frustrate Manny.What's more is Floyd can employ the clinch like Hopkins and beat the **** out of Pacquiao.

The business of overwhelming Floyd with punches doesnt work and if Manny comes in straight the way he does Floyd employs the elbow very well and he can also stop Manny from punching

Comment

I don't think Roach understands or maybe he is pretending to be dumb. Floyd is not Cotto.

Comment

Hatton smothered the hell out of Mayweather, he couldn't come close to Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                Hatton smothered the hell out of Mayweather, he couldn't come close to Pacquiao.
                floyd allowed hatton to smother him so he could show people he could fight in hattons guard better than hatton could

when hatton was "smothering" floyd, floyd was beating hatton in the body the whole time. thats why he wore hatton down.

thats also why, hatton said that floyd was sneakier than he thought. b/c he didnt know floyd could hit him in the body while hatton was "smothering" floyd

Comment

Originally posted by IronFistKilla View Post
                  http://www.8countnews.com/news/129/A...009-11-15.html

FR - "Well were not worried about his punching power, because he doesn't have any. But he is fast, but we are fast enough to deal with that. We have better foot work, and he doesn't like to engage too much. We will break him down like we did Cotto. He poses more of a problem with his speed. If he lays on the ropes and rolls his shoulder, and all of that bull****, we will eat him up."

Freddy has really bumped his head if he thinks Manny has better footwork than Mayweather. I'm not saying Manny can't win and doesn't have strengths, but to totally dismiss Mayweather's footwork is stupid.

Not worrying about his punching power?? No, Mayweather doesn't have 1 punch KO power but he does have respectable power. He has about 24 KOs. He did make de la Hoya's knees buckle with a quick counter off the ropes. I can see Mayweather breaking Manny down and catch him lunging in like he did Hatton.

This attitude is a prescription for failure. Manny has never fought defensive fighters and Mayweather is the best. If they do not bring Guzman, Zaheem, Steve Forbes, Cory Spinks, or other crafty defensive partners in for sparring this fight is a wrap for Mayweather. People keep talking about how Mayweather never fought a fighter like Manny, but he has at least fought to southpaws in Juday and Corley. Name 1 slick defensive fighter Manny has faced? This camp is in for a rude awakening. I think they're trying to cash out before Manny retires.
                  Whatever people gonna say between them, I JUST WANT THEM IN THE RING!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pacquiao does have amazing footwork, but I think I'd give the edge to Floyd in that department. He's very calculated and his every move is carefully considered

Comment

Working...
                    X