Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=studentofthegam;12721484]
    Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Possibly a more ridiculous statement than the OP.[uQUOTE]

Lets chat. Im looking at key points. The main advantage Leonard has on Floyd is size and power. He used neither to beat Dirane or Hagler. He used his feet. Potshots and quick powerless flurries. Those to me sound like things Floyd could do. I still thought Hagler won but its a W on the books for Ray. None of that sounds ridiculous to me.
    Mayweather's a look smaller than Leonard though.

I don't think Hagler would have any respect for Mayweather's power at all. Hagler is a big MW, Mayweather is an average sized WW.

I don't think Mayweather would be able to pot shot Hagler to a decision because I just can't see anyway he would keep Hagler off him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      nah, he actually is that much of a complete and utter moron

nah my man, mayweather will not have an advantage over BIG natural middleweight hagler, I just dont see it, thats a strech imo
      I would put you way ahead of him, but you're a floydiot so thats something that just fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        I would put you way ahead of him, but you're a floydiot so thats something that just fits.
        fair enough, cause I feel the same way about you, but not just about fighters, but more in life in general, but hey, such is life, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          A fight between floyd and duran at 135, man that's the biggest fantasy fight of them all.
          that's skill overload in the ring.

that fight is the definition of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            I have been preaching this very thing for years and years!! it is silly to not believe that sports science and technology has not increased so much that athletes these days are way bigger, stronger, faster, and more educated about their respective.

but with everything, there is exceptions to every rule. to me, its an unfair comparison between SRL and floyd. floyd is at 147 yes, but come on, he is a small dude, SRL is CLEARLY a much bigger man, so its not really fair to pin up floyd vs SRL in a fantasy match, its too uneven...
            SpeedKillz, we are speaking in terms of P4P .. a term that originally mean that if size and weight not being a factor, skills and attributes would determine the outcome. That idea was used for Sugar Ray Robinson to demonstrate that writers and historians felt that if it were possible for Robinson to grow to any division with his speed, skills and other attributes intact, he would still be able to beat ANYONE.

That said, Mayweather is small for WW, let alone jrMW. Unfortunately sites like these are littered with people who do not know or care about the history and development of the sport or its icons. Anyone who has followed Floyd knows that most predicted that he was outmatched by Corrales .. not because of Corrales' skills ... but because Corrales was perceived as being too big and too powerful for Floyd. And that was at SFW!!!

Floyd has most often been the small man in the majority of his fights. People say this and that about Leonard but in truth, Floyd jr is 50x the fighter that his father was and his father went 10 with Leonard.

I don't want to get into how overrated golden era fighters are today because facts never made a dent in an emotional argument, but Leonard was very hittable and he would have fits with Floyd's defense. I believe that Leonard would try to steal rounds by shoe-shining and I believe that he would be open for counter shots like he was against Duran.

You've got to leave room for objectivity, my man. Floyd is an ATG .. and that means he would be elite in ANY era. Which is why I HATE IT when casual fans throw that term around well .. casually.

Comment

• The one universal truth *****s dont seem to undestand, is that it dossent matter have good you say you are, its have good you prove you are.

Other then cico corrales witch really is THAT impressiv, floyd have avoided the most dangerous apponents around his weightclass through out his carrer, and that simply means that he hassent proven that he is an ATG.

If Floyd wanted to prove he was the best he would have and losses on his record

+ Floyd is not a warrior and he dossent fight with pride, he fight purly for money, who the **** would be a fan of this is beyond me
              Last edited by 110110110; 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Floyd potshotting Hearns.....
                guys like you are funny, you seem to think you know boxing as if every prediction you make about a fight is correct.

there are many possibilities in a fight that is one of them to deny that let's me know you don't know much about boxing.

any one that knows boxing can look at floyd and hearns and see floyds has better and faster footwork also faster hands.

floyd only two options to win that fight would be to hit move and try to out fight hearns on the inside.

it's very damn possible with floyds defense and footwork that he could potshot hearns, it's also possible floyd will get koed in the first round from the first punch like you predict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  SpeedKillz, we are speaking in terms of P4P .. a term that originally mean that if size and weight not being a factor, skills and attributes would determine the outcome. That idea was used for Sugar Ray Robinson to demonstrate that writers and historians felt that if it were possible for Robinson to grow to any division with his speed, skills and other attributes intact, he would still be able to beat ANYONE.

That said, Mayweather is small for WW, let alone jrMW. Unfortunately sites like these are littered with people who do not know or care about the history and development of the sport or its icons. Anyone who has followed Floyd knows that most predicted that he was outmatched by Corrales .. not because of Corrales' skills ... but because Corrales was perceived as being too big and too powerful for Floyd. And that was at SFW!!!

Floyd has most often been the small man in the majority of his fights. People say this and that about Leonard but in truth, Floyd jr is 50x the fighter that his father was and his father went 10 with Leonard.

I don't want to get into how overrated golden era fighters are today because facts never made a dent in an emotional argument, but Leonard was very hittable and he would have fits with Floyd's defense. I believe that Leonard would try to steal rounds by shoe-shining and I believe that he would be open for counter shots like he was against Duran.

You've got to leave room for objectivity, my man. Floyd is an ATG .. and that means he would be elite in ANY era. Which is why I HATE IT when casual fans throw that term around well .. casually.

great post, as usual!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    links to the historians who rank Pacquiao the greatest of all time please.

I'm a Pac fan but I also know my history. I could name 30 fighters off the top of my head who should rate higher than Pacquiao.
                    Max kellerman off the top of my head put GOAT and Pac in the same sentence im not going to give you links as you should know that and if u claim u dont i would call u a liar and i dont want to do that. Other historians have said it as well whos names escape me you better believe and top 10 or top 5 depening on who u ask.
                    But you are entitled to say their opinion sucks and should be in straight jackets if you want to.

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    No one with a brain has Pacquiao as the greatest of all time.
                    As above , you are entitled to say that people who have pac as the GOAT should be in asylums.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      At the same level as you stating that Hearns was easily frustrated with a soft chin and that Floyd could just take his right hand away quick and easy and win like that.
                      I could see if we didn't have footage of the ****. Hearns was no stranger to getting that head rocked. He would be better suited to jab with Floyd rather than loading that right and while Mayweather dances away. I bet you're one of those people who thinks Yearns/Hagler was a great fight. In reality the fight was sh#t. Ahhh....

Comment

Working...
                      X