No announcement yet.

Turning 30 Years of Age, A Wake Up Call For Many People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Tough love, that’s how my grandfather taught me how to swim too lol. The old school way threw me in to the deep end of the pool.
    I feel like every generation should progress more than the last generation. My Grandparents brought my parents from a small third world country In South America called Guyana. My Parents raised my si kings and I in the ghetto. Now I’m raised ng my children In The suburbs.
    Hopefully my Grandchildren will grow up in a mansion or at least an even bigger house.
    Guyana ant really small landwise. Guyana's land mass s bigger than Jamaica's but Jamaica has a larger population. Guyana has a lot of swamp land though. That's why they grow a lot of rice there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      at

I got discarded at 16
      Same, i left home at 16 and moved to the other side of the country in search of better opportunities. Basically dragged myself up before i was 16 anyway so it made little difference.

Dunno why people put certain milestones on things with age. If they're worried about not having achieved something by a certain age, then they should get off their arse today and do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Who are they?
        My wife and my little girl. If they’re happy, I’m happy. Life is simple; life is good.

Comment

I changed my career entirely at aged 29. It took me a long time to settle in the part of the country I'm in and I still miss my family and friends (I still go home every couple of weeks!) I needed a job that meant something.

I was a proper mid-level office employee and didn't think I could stick that sort of thing for the rest of my life, I've got no ambition to ever manage anyone. I've near qualified now in a job that in some ways is a nightmare and criminally underpaid, and is becoming more difficult and dangerous to perform in an increasing American-esque litigious Britain, but in other ways it is recession proof and the most rewarding job I can imagine myself having.

That said, If I win the lottery, I'll quit it in a heartbeat.

Comment

I just turned 30. This is actually my first post where my age reads 30. I used to dread it and think it was all going to feel so different than my 20's, but honestly i still feel and look so young. I took good care of my body and exercised good thanks to boxing, I dont eat like crap stuffing myself or do drugs, I drink moderately sometimes when I go out clubbing. I'm still paying off a lot debt I've accumulated, I made mistakes in junior college and graduated with my bachelors at 27. I'm still living with my parents but I help them. My time will come, but in the mean time I have a decent job that will help me move up. My social life is where I'm really living it up since last summer. Wasted 8 years of my youth on 2 relationships. I have never had this much fun in my life, me and my bros hit the night clubs and have fun. I meet cool beautiful girls all the time. I'm loving being single right now but as soon as I find the right one, I'm going for her and settling down. From there I hope to succesfully begin the next phase of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
              My wife and my little girl. If they’re happy, I’m happy. Life is simple; life is good.
              You aren't trying for a son?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Same, i left home at 16 and moved to the other side of the country in search of better opportunities. Basically dragged myself up before i was 16 anyway so it made little difference.

Dunno why people put certain milestones on things with age. If they're worried about not having achieved something by a certain age, then they should get off their arse today and do something about it.
                Real talk right there....

Comment

Working...
                X