Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest opinion from posters on here whether Canelo vs Kovalev was a fixed fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest opinion from posters on here whether Canelo vs Kovalev was a fixed fight

I've been seeing an overwhelming majority of people on the comment section in a youtube video of Badou Jack answering questions from a 'journalist' and casually responding that the fight looked fixed. And, it is not even close the amount of independent fans who outnumber Canelo supporters that agree wholeheartedly with Jack and are certain that the fix was in. I'd just like to see the
    response here on Boxingscene.com not to antagonize, but to see if
    the majority of fans on this site agree that this fight was suspect as a legitimate contest.

looked fixed to me. kovaleav had no elite jab going, no combinations, and no big tight hands thrown. also looked like he was scared to hurt canelo, disappointing if u ask me but it is what it is....

Comment

Originally posted by Christhenatural View Post
      I've been seeing an overwhelming majority of people on the comment section in a youtube video of Badou Jack answering questions from a 'journalist' and casually responding that the fight looked fixed. And, it is not even close the amount of independent fans who outnumber Canelo supporters that agree wholeheartedly with Jack and are certain that the fix was in. I'd just like to see the
      response here on Boxingscene.com not to antagonize, but to see if
      the majority of fans on this site agree that this fight was suspect as a legitimate contest.
      Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post
      looked fixed to me. kovaleav had no elite jab going, no combinations, and no big tight hands thrown. also looked like he was scared to hurt canelo, disappointing if u ask me but it is what it is....

Comment

I think it was a soft fix, not a hard one.

A hard fix would be if Kovalev was paid to take a dive.

A soft fix is that Kovalev was targeted because he's past his prime and maybe didn't train as hard as he could have, because this is a cash out fight, which is why he failed to make weight the first time.

Comment

Anyone who sincerely believes it was a fix did not follow/understand the fight and the plans both boxers tried to implement. And that includes Badou Jack, the exception to the rule. Sure it was a boring fight, that's because both fight plans were conservative, K thought that he could minimumise his risk by poking the jab out all night while Canelo realised that he would have to wear K down (shades of rope a dope) and wait for the KO opportunity.

It seems to me that a lot of so called fans here take a very superficial view of a fight and are more interested in dramatising it, maybe to get attention from like minded drama queens.

Comment

Where is that master thread i brought up?? Sheesh

Comment

Not a fix at all. Just smart promoting. This is what we now get as fans. Canelo and Gervonta are following the same gameplan. Taking down old lions with big names. I wanna see Gervonta vs Loma - Haney - Stevenson AND Canelo vs Beterbiev - Smith - Andrade.

Comment

No fughin fix

Comment

round eight is super weird

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                    I think it was a soft fix, not a hard one.

A hard fix would be if Kovalev was paid to take a dive.

A soft fix is that Kovalev was targeted because he's past his prime and maybe didn't train as hard as he could have, because this is a cash out fight, which is why he failed to make weight the first time.
                    - -Only thing fixed are anthropoids slobbering on each other here.

Kov obviously staged his part of the weighin and was never "overweight" in the conventional sense, but he sure sparked them low IQs into a slobber fest twitter frenzy...Duh!

Comment

Working...
                    X