Official: Charlo ducking GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Charlo ducking GGG

WBC orders GGG vs Charlo.
    Charlo signs to fight Sulecki 5 days later.

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post

But the WBC didn't order the GGG/Charlo fight in December which is when the Sulecki fight would be happening, right? I doubt GGG would fight anyone till early in 2019. I really dont see that as a duck, more like a payday for December since there is no way the Charlo/GGG fight would come together for this year anyway, and Charlo will have not had a fight in more than 8 months if he passed a December opportunity up.
    Last edited by richardt; 10-12-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I’m a Golovkin fan but this hardly means he is ducking Golovkin. Good for Charlo to fight but this opponent looks weak. He should have tried and got Lemieux though Lemieux may still be eye balling Canelo.

I don’t see how this opponent helps Charlo but I do understand taking a fight. Golovkin isn’t fighting until next year and Charlo is not likely the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        But the WBC didn't order the GGG/Charlo fight in December which is when the Sulecki fight would be happening, right? I doubt GGG would fight anyone till early in 2019. I really dont see that as a duck, more like a payday for December since there is no way the Charlo/GGG fight would come together for this year anyway.
        Agree. Said the same thing basically above.

But really Charlo’s lack of quality opponents isn’t going to help him get a big money fight. He needs to create some buzz and this is another fight that won’t do that.

Comment

Jacobs just beat that guy. Now we will get a direct comparison between Jacobs and Jermall against a common opponent. This would be by far the best middleweight Jermall has faced. The two middleweights he KOed were weak middleweights. One was a cripple for the fight.

Comment

He dont wont in any of that work he scurrrrrrrrred and shook! He run mouth now wont stop dont even sign the paper? coaward ass puxcy BYTCH!

Comment

Charlo is protected, will not fight ggg until GGG shows he is finished. Charlo gets knocked out by this version of ggg who is maybe 75%

Comment

Charlo needs to fight. Ggg wanted to rest until a May rematch with Canelo, so I'm not sure when this charlo fight will take place.

Comment

That's the Pbc narrative.

Comment

Considering GGG made it clear that he wont fight until some point in the first half of 2019, Charlo is doing the right thing by staying active and not being stupid by waiting on his seat for a GGG fight.

And GGG is not making any Charlo deal or a deal with anyone else, until they find a new TV deal and figure out where Canelo is heading to.

Comment

Working...
                    X