Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Open To The Idea of Third Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be Canelo-Jacobs next! But, Canelo-3G III will make more dough. So, I won't be surprised if team Canelo opts for 3G. DAZN and Hearn should push for Jacobs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomar View Post
      It should be Canelo-Jacobs next! But, Canelo-3G III will make more dough. So, I won't be surprised if team Canelo opts for 3G. DAZN and Hearn should push for Jacobs though.
      I would argue that DAZN needs Canelo-GGG more than Canelo needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        We dont need this fight again

it'll be another close match with a controversial decission

these two are too evenly matched

Canelo should fight Jacobs or go after one of the champs at 168
        Completely agree with you, BUT media is not happy with the out come of the fights, they want revenge at any cost, so they will continue to push for the third fight.

Comment

GEE will end up face down azz up against UBER/DAZN Canelo don't fugg wit that dude right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
            GEE will end up face down azz up against UBER/DAZN Canelo don't fugg wit that dude right now.

not sure a 3rd rematch would be a good idea

what with all the crying and wrist-slashing after the 2nd

hey why not, I'm up for a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              I would argue that DAZN needs Canelo-GGG more than Canelo needs it.
              Like I said, Canelo-3G III makes more financial sense than any fights. About Canelo needing less of a 3rd fight with 3G, on the contrary, 3G is almost 38 and just had 2 grueling battles with Canelo. That has got to take a toll on him. Also, GGG's style is easier for Canelo than Jacobs'.

Comment

A third fight is pointless in my opinion. Canelo will only get better and better. GGG can only fight 1 way effectively. After Canelo beats him again,the haters will just say "he beat a 38 year old X champ". Pointless fight Canelo should unify

Comment

Bottom line is that Canelo is getting better and GGG is fading. Canelo will be a solid -220 betting favorite in their 3rd fight.

GGG wasted his career. Never challenged himself and spent his prime years fighting Fielding level bums. What a shame, he was a good fighter, but he wasted it and will be long forgotten soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Nelo is just approaching his best version, while GGG is walking even more away from his prime.
                    All the recipe of the 3rd fight points to a Canelo Alvarez win. Younger, faster, even more improved.
                    Canelo has proved he can take Golovkin’s best punches, and fought like the bigger man last sept.
                    That’s a huge psychological adjustment to accept for GGG, as he thought he was the feared and more powerful fighter... but not anymore. He can no longer bully Canelo, as he thought he can.

Though i’d support GGG, and root for him to win. I won’t be surprise if Canelo wins by late KO.
                    Even in the rematch it was clear as day GGG was struggling early, and was ready to go.. but damn, got his second wind and gave as a good war.
                    I don't disagree with most of what you have to say here. I don't know if I would go as far but I understand the point of view.

What I would disagree more strongly with is GGG struggling early. He was no where near going out. Golovkin has a practice of taking rounds off here and there and he can look very fatigued. I have seen it in other fights too. His breathing technique makes it look worse. It was very noticeable in I believe the 5th round but it didn't last long. That wasn't a second wind that was a guy who is supremely well conditioned conserving energy. Getting a second wind is temporary, it doesn't last for 4-6 rounds.

The chance of Canelo KO'ing Golovkin would still be slim. IMO the guy who looked more rock at points in the second fight was Canelo.

If these two square up again you clearly have to give the edge to Canelo. IMO Golovkin would have to be hell bent on making it an 8-10 round fight and training that way. Any notion that he is going to be able to win a boxing match (either fairly or not) is out the door. The approach would have to be come home with your shield or on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      I don't disagree with most of what you have to say here. I don't know if I would go as far but I understand the point of view.

What I would disagree more strongly with is GGG struggling early. He was no where near going out. Golovkin has a practice of taking rounds off here and there and he can look very fatigued. I have seen it in other fights too. His breathing technique makes it look worse. It was very noticeable in I believe the 5th round but it didn't last long. That wasn't a second wind that was a guy who is supremely well conditioned conserving energy. Getting a second wind is temporary, it doesn't last for 4-6 rounds.

The chance of Canelo KO'ing Golovkin would still be slim. IMO the guy who looked more rock at points in the second fight was Canelo.

If these two square up again you clearly have to give the edge to Canelo. IMO Golovkin would have to be hell bent on making it an 8-10 round fight and training that way. Any notion that he is going to be able to win a boxing match (either fairly or not) is out the door. The approach would have to be come home with your shield or on it.

funny as hell that Canelo taught you clowns some manners

greenK

Comment

Working...
                      X