Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev wishes Adonis Stevenson well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad Kovalev said some nice things regarding Stevenson's condition.

Comment

I wish Stevenson well. I’m praying for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Heavy stuff man. When I think of their rivalry, I was always think of this picture.

There's that famous picture! Yeah, really great to see the two embrace like that and man, they were very bitter rivals in their day. I'm sure it's hell in the ring, but man. I can only imagine the respect you build up for the rival as well. Great picture, Willy!

Comment

Cool of Kov to do this. After all this fighting sh^t is more of a brotherhood then enemies when something goes south. Its just seldom something goes so south on an individual level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            I hear you, man.

I remember reading how Roberto Duran went and embraced his old rival Esteban DeJesus when DeJesus was dying of AIDS. And he got very close to him despite the AIDS stygma at the time. And Duran was like that. Pretty nice guy with most outside the ring but just a terminator in the ring. Haha. One time in his forties he fought a guy named Terry Thomas and flattened his nose. Was brutal. But I could tell he took it easy on him after, hoping they would stop it which they did. And then there was Emanuel Augustus in his fight against Ray Olivera. Olivera had a pinched nerve in his neck I think and clearly it was bothering him bad. Augustus kept fighting but he mainly threw to the body and backed off a lot until the round ended. He knew he had the win anyway and didn't want to hurt Olivera. At the end of the day, it's best to be professional. Even like when Canelo knocked out Khan but checked up on him before celebrating. It's just what you do. Great post!
            damn bro yeh in the 80's everyone was ignorant as hell remember even a rumor or joke that someone had aids and no one would even go near them. I remember a lot of people never took a dump in a public bathroom because the rumor was if someone with aids took a dump there you'd get aids too.

glad we are far more educated than the 80's!

Comment

Twelve days, still in a coma. It must be harder on the boxers. One bad night and the shoes on their foot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                damn bro yeh in the 80's everyone was ignorant as hell remember even a rumor or joke that someone had aids and no one would even go near them. I remember a lot of people never took a dump in a public bathroom because the rumor was if someone with aids took a dump there you'd get aids too.

glad we are far more educated than the 80's!
                Haha. Yeah, man. We've come a long way. I guess that can happen with any new disease though. It takes a while but people do catch on.

Comment

Any updates on Adonis?

Comment

Working...
                  X