No announcement yet.

Network wars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network wars

According to kathy duva espn and fox will work together to stop dazn from strong arming its way into the market. Right now espn+ is over 1 million. With canelo joining dazn it's possible they could jump over 1 millions sub in a small amount of time. How do u all add see these wars ending and effecting the boxing landscape???????

I believe top rank could come under pressure soon if they cant get ggg or do PPV fights

I think if dazn promoters cant get more than HBOS roster they're done when canelo stops selling

PBC has to deliver numbers similar to ufc I believe and Showtime has to step up or they will lose fighters

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
    According to kathy duva espn and fox will work together to stop dazn from strong arming its way into the market. Right now espn+ is over 1 million. With canelo joining dazn it's possible they could jump over 1 millions sub in a small amount of time. How do u all add see these wars ending and effecting the boxing landscape???????

I believe top rank could come under pressure soon if they cant get ggg or do PPV fights

I think if dazn promoters cant get more than HBOS roster they're done when canelo stops selling

PBC has to deliver numbers similar to ufc I believe and Showtime has to step up or they will lose fighters
    Duva sure did do a great job with the Russian Shuffle Kovalev man huh? I’d definitely trust her.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Duva sure did do a great job with the Russian Shuffle Kovalev man huh? I’d definitely trust her.
      It's not unreasonable what she said plus we already saw how espn was cross programming and outbidding dazn

Comment

ESPN will work together with Fox and Showtime??? I'd love to see that but i'm not sure it'll happen. If that was true we'd be getting Spence vs Crawford instead of that bull**** Spence vs Garcia fight.

Comment

Internet is coming on strong but the networks are still the way to get your fighter seen.

Comment

Give it a few Years, Disney will buy DAZN for BILLIONS and turn it into ESPN+

I would hate to be in Competition with anything owned by Disney, too Powerful they will ultimately just buy you out
            Last edited by sicko; 10-31-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

The way PBC are headed looks flawed to me. Its exactly the way we have it in the UK, everything relevant goes to PPV, tuneups on Sky/BT Sport. The constant complaints about PPVs are getting ridiculous, and ours are not overpriced, and we dont have an alternative. If DAZN launched here it would be game over.

Comment

I really hope boxing isn't dominated on DAZN. It'll turn a niche sport into more obscurity. I'll subscribe to it because I'm a hardcore fan, but I don't see it growing boxing's fanbase.

Comment

If what you're saying that Kathy Duva has said is actually the truth (lol, not gonna hold my breath), the talent wars are in full effect and whomever has the talent will win.

The 2020 Olympic cycle will gear up soon, and the talent from the 2012/2016/2020 cycles will basically dictate the next decade.

Top Rank has Crawford and Lomachenko, a few from the 2016 cycle with promise, a few other okay fighters (Valdez, Zurdo, Ramirez, etc), and not much else; ESPN will go along with most of it, but they're not going to let Arum be Arum, if what you've said is true.

Haymon basically has every other fighter that matters at 147, most of the top talent at 154, 3 of the 4 champions at 175, a surprisingly deep hold of the talent at heavyweight, and basically the Lion's share of the top talent in every weight class north of 122lbs outside of cruiserweight and maybe 130.

And that's before you count the prospects set to start breaking through over the next couple years (Ritchardson Hitchens, Mario Barrios, Joey Spencer, Tony Yoka, Fabian Maidana, etc).

Across everything, it's likely going to be 50 dates, 30-35 of which are likely to be on CBS/Showtime/FOX/SHOPPV/FOX PPV/FS1 supershows, and it's likely that Haymon may still not have enough dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    Hell nah! That was funny as shit!

Comment

Working...
                    X