No announcement yet.

Price vs. Hammer added to Eubank Jr undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ok. Since the undercard is free do you think the Hammer v. Price card will have massive ratings?
    I think if the whole thing was free to air on ITV (i.e. Channel 3) and was given a bit of a billing then it would do big ratings.

I assume the undercard will be on ITV 4 and given people are turned off paying for a way below sub-par PPV event that it won't get the ratings it could have.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
      I think if the whole thing was free to air on ITV (i.e. Channel 3) and was given a bit of a billing then it would do big ratings.

I assume the undercard will be on ITV 4 and given people are turned off paying for a way below sub-par PPV event that it won't get the ratings it could have.
      So the undercard is going to be on a different channel than the PPV? And ITV 4 is a pay channel?

What I was getting at is having a free undercard would help sales. Get eyes on the station then ask them to buy. If eyes aren't already on the station people aren't going to go looking for the card to buy. But it seems like the fights aren't even on the same station and one of the stations is a pay channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Ok. Since the undercard is free do you think the Hammer v. Price card will have massive ratings?
        I don't think the undercard will do massive ratings but will do good ratings. ITV4 isn't a big channel where as ITV is. Price isn't thought of to well over here anymore after getting KO'd by Thompson twice on Sky but I'd be interested in seeing Price vs Hammer.

If they put the entire card for free on ITV the ratings would be huge. I think people would pay for Eubank Jr vs Saunders but the casual fan over here hasn't heard of Quinlan before. If it was £5 people might be tempted but no way they pay £12.95 for 1 fight against Quinlan.
        Last edited by Pretty Boy1; 01-08-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Wait a second. The same David Price that lost to Tony the Tiger by KO twice?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            Cheers! That's money well spent and not falling into Eubank's shenanigans...
            Well said shenanigans.

The only ppv for Eubank is probably against BJS or GGG at MW.

Possibly if he fought DeGale at SMW it would be ppv worthy.

These Eubanks are fraudsters.

Comment

That's a good fight for Price, it'd probably be his best win if goes to plan. I can't see him reaching the top but his power+size+weaknesses should make for a few more entertaining fights in the future.
              Last edited by Clegg; 01-08-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I hope Hammer wins. Price should retire.

Comment

hammer is crap but he will prolly still KO price in the first round

Comment

Working...
                  X