Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These threads are getting repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      i agree the stans said that, it was sad. But i will say this, cotto was good enough then, and still is good enough now even though hes fallen off a bit. i dont mean hes good enough to win, but worthy for a shot
      cotto vs mayweather is a "better late than never fight"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lean On Me View Post
        So he wasn't a top welter in 07 and 08?

this was Cotto in 08..

Comment

Originally posted by Lean On Me View Post
          So what changed after getting kod twice to make him worthy? He's just Margaritos and Manny leftovers now. So are leftovers now acceptable to the stable of Floyd's army?
          Nothing.....

Nobody from 140 - 154 is good enough or worthy enough to beat Floyd. Especially Cotto..

This is the same shyt different restroom... type thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dunks View Post

this was Cotto in 08..
            That is the Cotto that pac wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
              The issue about 07 & 08 was, Cotto was a TOP RANK FIGHTER, which obviously the main issue.

Remember when Cotto was in the crowd when Mayweather fought Gatti (R.I.P Warrior) & after that whooping Bob Arum didn't want Cotto to fight Mayweather, Arum actually asked Mayweather to fight Bruseles (similar style to Cotto) prior to Gatti to warm up for Cotto but Arum changed his mind, he's done this with many fighters, Gamboa vs Lopez being the latest.
              From what I remember, Mayweather fans and Cotto fans were all asking for the fight.

Then I remember Mayweather saying he wouldn't fight Cotto because "Cotto's not a household name and must build his fan base". He then went to negotiate a 2nd fight with DLH before retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                From what I remember, Mayweather fans and Cotto fans were all asking for the fight.

Then I remember Mayweather saying he wouldn't fight Cotto because "Cotto's not a household name and must build his fan base". He then went to negotiate a 2nd fight with DLH before retiring.

"I think after the Margarito fight, mentally, Cotto is not the same," Mayweather told ESPN's Brian Kenny. "You can never say what can happen in the sport of boxing, but I think Pacquiao is a quick starter, and if I had to lean toward a fighter, I would say Pacquiao."

But Mayweather, being Mayweather, made it clear in making that prediction that he doesn't view either Pacquiao or Cotto as being in his own league.

"I thought Cotto lost his last fight," Mayweather said of Cotto's split decision win over Joshua Clottey last month. "It was close, but I thought he lost."

OH The IRONY!

Comment

Originally posted by el salsalero View Post
                  "I think after the Margarito fight, mentally, Cotto is not the same," Mayweather told ESPN's Brian Kenny. "You can never say what can happen in the sport of boxing, but I think Pacquiao is a quick starter, and if I had to lean toward a fighter, I would say Pacquiao."

But Mayweather, being Mayweather, made it clear in making that prediction that he doesn't view either Pacquiao or Cotto as being in his own league.

"I thought Cotto lost his last fight," Mayweather said of Cotto's split decision win over Joshua Clottey last month. "It was close, but I thought he lost."

OH The IRONY!

Now lets fast forward to 154 and a 3 fight KO winning streak.

Bottom line though, Cotto was shyt in 2006 when he watched Gatti take a beating by Floyd and Cotto is shyt now. Problem is, nobody from 140-154 beats Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by el salsalero View Post

OH The IRONY!

I was talking about after Cotto beat Mosley and Mayweather beat Hatton. Obviously, you're referring to after Cotto fought margartio/Clottey which isn't the question.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      If you're not going to post a link as the thread starter to back up your claim, why claim it?

Back up your claim. Let's see it.
                      I don't have to backup anything when you have access to the same threads. They are there and anyone who has been here since that time will tell you.

Comment

Working...
                      X