Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single HW of today in 80's and 90's would have been a top guy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a single HW of today in 80's and 90's would have been a top guy.

Holmes, Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Foreman, would all outclass AJ or Wilder.

Take prime Holyfield he would counter punch AJ and KO him around 7-8 rounds.

Tyson before prison would KO WILDER inside 6 rounds.

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
    Holmes, Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis, Foreman, would all outclass AJ or Wilder.

Take prime Holyfield he would counter punch AJ and KO him around 7-8 rounds.

Tyson before prison would KO WILDER inside 6 rounds.
    6 not sure Wilder makes it to round 2

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
      I'd have to disagree. I can't see the real deal beating AJ, Wilder or Fury that beat Wlad. I've said it numerous times there's not a big man apart from Lennox that is more competent than this current crop.

Foreman 2.0 was more technical than the original WINDMILL veteran that was Big George. You're entitled to your opinion but it's more an assumption than presumption.
      A focused, in shape, pre wars Riddick Bowe handles them also in my opinion. Id actually give Shannon Briggs from the 90s a good shot at beating them

Comment

These guys these days lack so much talent

Comment

90s I agree, I think these guys would have been right there with the secondary contenders of the 80s though. Was kind of a bunch of dudes behind Holmes and eventually Tyson and I could see Joshua and Wilder having success against the Tubbs', Berbick's and Pinklon's of the division
          Last edited by BigZ44; 04-07-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
            In a sense I agree. Have you ever seen AJ throw a double jab? Triple jab?. Never ever. Just about throws a half decent jab to the stomach.

I feel they are way more methodical in terms of knowing their distance compared to those that came before them. I watched so much HW's from the 90's, a lot of them were in the telephone booth.
            These big guys are literally Boxing version's of matador's. Ray Corso calls it a 1970's Olympic game of tag.

Of course HW's can beat each other no way am I saying are they invincible or even great. They just make use of their assets in such a good manner. Look how AJ had Parker in a headlock leaning on him. Super HW tactic's. Excellent jab keeping him at bay from any meaningful punch. I think it's a different game now. Output is much lower than previous era's (I think).
            I understand your point but if AJ couldn't put Evader down, which I don't beleive he could, his output wouldn't be enough to out point Evander Holyfield. As for Wilder and AJ, I'd take Ike Ibeabuchi or either prime Klitschko brothers or even Mike Tyson to chop them down.

Big men was a Mike Tyson specialty and Ibeabuchi vs Tua holds the record of 1700 punches (missiles) in one fight. The 80's and 90's was the era of the offensive machine. Morrison wasn't even a top 5 and I'd pick Tommy over Wilder.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 04-07-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Mercer, Golata, Bowe, McCall, Bruno, Vitali, etc. There was a lot of lot of pretty tough guys then.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                6 not sure Wilder makes it to round 2
                Joshua wouldn't last a round against Tyson.

Comment

HW division now sucks caaaaaaawwwwwk. Imagine prime Lennox fighting AJ (best HW of today).

The talent pool is so small because the giants beat out the smaller guys in the amateurs and then there's like 30 guys left. Smaller guys are competing against a vastly bigger talent pool

Comment

Unless ur a casual, u would know this era of heavyweights suck.

Comment

Working...
                    X