No announcement yet.

Worst British Boxer of all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rooq View Post
    having lloyd honeyghan on that list is just plain crazy-talk. he went over to the states and won the unified title against an undefeated american...

i used to like hamed..at the begining he was more funny than idiotic...but then the balance started to shift towards idiocy and he turned into a complete nob most people wanted to see knocked out. but you still can't doubt his skills and power.
    Other than power Hamed had no real skills, footwork, balance, defence hand speed, and conditioning were all pretty average! Barrera made him look like a street fighter, and a poor one at that!

As for Honeyghan, he had a career defining fight, and couldn't emulate that performance or success! Hey even Joe Bugner had a couple of excellent performances! Look at Bruno when he won the title - a one off !

Comment

Originally posted by Flagellum Dei View Post
      Other than power Hamed had no real skills, footwork, balance, defence hand speed, and conditioning were all pretty average! Barrera made him look like a street fighter, and a poor one at that!

As for Honeyghan, he had a career defining fight, and couldn't emulate that performance or success! Hey even Joe Bugner had a couple of excellent performances! Look at Bruno when he won the title - a one off !
      Honeyghan’s career peaked against Curry, then fell to pieces shortly after, claiming floating bones in his hands. Joe Bugner a British *** of convenience boxer who fought out Buda knows how many different countries, was not boxer but a mere athlete who was convinced to box by some numpty. Bomber Graham had more talent that Hamed could ever hope for but just didn’t have the killer mentality, making him a poor spectacle not to dissimilar to Audrey Harrison.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
        Your opinion has been negated by having Naseem Hamed on that list.
        How can you negate an opinion? An opinion is a personally held belief, and it is my belief that Hamed was over-rated!

The moment you can 'negate' an opinion, it becomes fact (the two are very different)! I understand that you're British and therefore probably have a poor standard of education (I mean that respectfully, i'm not trying to be rude), but the lack of communication and literacy skills displayed is astounding!

Comment

I dont know who the worst British boxer of all time is but we (as in Britain) can lay claim to one of the most boring Heavyweight fighters of all time. Thats right ppl big, stupid, boring and lucky Lennox Lewis! How this man ever held a title is beyond me. Dont get me wrong I woudn't say it to his face but I would rather watch re-runs of Malcolm in the middle than watch this "brit" fighter.

Comment

How can you negate an opinion? An opinion is a personally held belief, and it is my belief that Hamed was over-rated!

The moment you can 'negate' an opinion, it becomes fact (the two are very different)! I understand that you're British and therefore probably have a poor standard of education (I mean that respectfully, i'm not trying to be rude), but the lack of communication and literacy skills displayed is astounding!
            You may not admit to being rude but you obviously know you are!

How can you insult someone based on their perceived 'poor standard of education' then say that you do not mean to be rude?

This is a forum to debate the subject of boxing not the perceived standard of education or correct use of the English language.

If Britain has a weak standard of education then there isn't much down for the rest of the world, we as a nation produce a high percentage of the worlds greatest scholars, engineer's, writers, poets, scientists, designers etc and have a good standard of education generally across the board (in comparison to many of the worlds countries)

I suspect you know all of this anyway but just enjoy the fallout from your comments.

How about some personal feedback from you on your background, your obviously opinionated (which is your entitlement) but seem hellbent on winding up the British even though I suspect your British yourself!

Comment

[QUOTE=Flagellum Dei;1963461]How can you negate an opinion? An opinion is a personally held belief, and it is my belief that Hamed was over-rated!

The moment you can 'negate' an opinion, it becomes fact (the two are very different)! I understand that you're British and therefore probably have a poor standard of education (I mean that respectfully, i'm not trying to be rude), but the lack of communication and literacy skills displayed is astounding![/QUOTE

How can you say that British people are poorly educated we have some of the best educational facilities in the world. Ignorant, very ignorant. It seems to me that you ought to be going back to school and by the way anyone can use a spellchecker!!!!!! And there's a capital I in I'm, moron.

Comment

Originally posted by col Blake View Post
                you could add Henry Akinwande, Steve Collins, cornelius Carr, Herbie Hide, Joe Bugner.
                Collins isn't british. I agree with hide, he was complete and utter trash. Watching vitali dismantle him was hilarious.

Comment

Collins might be a mick, but but he made most of his money in england. He is just the same as the americans, Welsh, scotch and the Criminally minded Australians they all state they hate the English but deep down they really wish they were English. You always try to emulate your superiors.

Comment

[QUOTE=gangland_kingpi;1963503]

The moment you can 'negate' an opinion, it becomes fact (the two are very different)! I understand that you're British and therefore probably have a poor standard of education (I mean that respectfully, i'm not trying to be rude), but the lack of communication and literacy skills displayed is astounding![/QUOTE

How can you say that British people are poorly educated we have some of the best educational facilities in the world. Ignorant, very ignorant. It seems to me that you ought to be going back to school and by the way anyone can use a spellchecker!!!!!! And there's a capital I in I'm, moron.
                    Actually, the British are the least educated of all industrial nations (and the population as a collective have the lowest intelligence scores) and that's a FACT, check the research (The 7 Nations Basic Skills study, and the Moser report 1999; then check Fryer 1997, Dearing 1997 and Kennedy reports. Not to mention the work by Brynner and Parson's and MANY government impact surveys) - goon!

As for educational facilities, most University students can't even read properly and have the maths abilities of 9 - 11 year olds FACT! Do your research before offering a statement next time will you (idiot)! It appears that it is YOU that is ignorant, look at the measures that the government are introducing to help you read and write correctly! And spell-checker should be hyphenated. You obviously possess no real formal qualifications!

Moreover, 'i'm' is not a spelling mistake, it is grammatical, besides which, in the context I intended a small 'i' may be used d'uh! This is a boxing forum idiot (learn to read), if you can't make any valid boxing related contributions, then keep quiet. You may disagree with what I say thats your opinion, but they at least my comments/contributions are boxing related!

Comment

[QUOTE=Flagellum Dei;1963766]
                      Originally posted by gangland_kingpi View Post

Actually, the British are the least educated of all industrial nations (and the population as a collective have the lowest intelligence scores) and that's a FACT, check the research (The 7 Nations Basic Skills study, and the Moser report 1999; then check Fryer 1997, Dearing 1997 and Kennedy reports. Not to mention the work by Brynner and Parson's and MANY government impact surveys) - goon!

As for educational facilities, most University students can't even read properly and have the maths abilities of 9 - 11 year olds FACT! Do your research before offering a statement next time will you (idiot)! It appears that it is YOU that is ignorant, look at the measures that the government are introducing to help you read and write correctly! And spell-checker should be hyphenated. You obviously possess no real formal qualifications!

Moreover, 'i'm' is not a spelling mistake, it is grammatical, besides which, in the context I intended a small 'i' may be used d'uh! This is a boxing forum idiot (learn to read), if you can't make any valid boxing related contributions, then keep quiet. You may disagree with what I say thats your opinion, but they at least my comments/contributions are boxing related!
                      Can't help thinking my thread has been hijacked, but British educational standards are the lowest in the industrial Europe. It has nothing to do with boxing or maybe it has as most boxers come from the most impoverished parts of the country. Even Ireland a country that can’t come up with a proper name for it’s self ( I wish I was English would be a good idea) has by-far some of the best education facilities in the world, If I had a choice I would study there and the standard of living is far better that in England.
                      P.S keep it to boxing not girly name calling, or better still lace up the old gloves and slug it out

Comment

Working...
                      X