Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Worst business in the world.

Al Haymon is the king of money waste and their brand is nothing really. No one cares about the brand and it if goes away zero percent of the population would care because it's meaningless.
    You one of them lying haters....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      The PBC/showtime schedule has been very disappointing lately. A ton of great fights could've been made but didn't happen and fighters are seriously losing popularity due to being forgotten about due to extreme inactivity. They're certainly not building stars the right way and not helping their popularity long term by overpaying them for doing nothing while getting little to no exposure.

I was a big supporter of their concept and they delivered some good fights in the past but the inactivity of the fighters is really what's been pissing me off lately.
      Stop it, PBC are the only ones making fights happen. Errol/porter & Kieth/Pacquiao are coming next too.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
        IDK what to say about your post???"no athlete no sport"Well no sport no athlete and the sport will be around longer then any one athlete so yes its more important not sure why you cant understand that.Also no robbery I had B-hop by a point I think in 1st that word gets thrown around too much esp by casuals.Which might be the problem here."Duh" who even says that but 13 year old girls smdh.
        The person is who created the sport, duh. The athlete will be gone but there will be another human being doing the sport not the sport doing the human being so get that slave mentality out of your head. We are all bigger than the sport, F the dumb shet. Oh & B-Hop won by more than 1 point, it really wasn't even a close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          This is karma for Haymon for blocking the big fights and putting his pockets first before anything else
          His pockets? He has put more in the fighters pockets too.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
            Isn't it more the case that we will see a single dominant streaming service start to control the way we watch Boxing?

You only need to look at Netflix to see how quickly the rise of streaming services has exploded in the last 8 or 9 years. In Q2 2011, Netflix had 22.93m streamers worldwide. Fast forward to today, Q1 2019 subscriptions are now 148.86m. That's nearly a 550% increase. It's more than double the population of the UK. Its nearly half of the population of the US. Mental numbers.https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-worldwide/

Compare this to Amazon Prime Video, figures are projected to be at 64.08 in 2020. Less than half of Netflix.
            https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ribers-region/

My point is, I believe that DAZN will continue to grow at the expense of other subscription based channels/services meaning that its just natural evolution of the entertainment industry anyway. So is anyone really that surprised HBO went and SHO will follow soon?
            Wait, doesn't Sho have a streaming service?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
              Poor argument. Fanboy argument in fact. If fighters regularly on pbc produced shows were on other networks OR VICE VERSA, it expands the number of available fights. I don't even know why I had to explain that to you. You know this.

If you said to me, instead, hey scen3ry maybe division is a good thing bc there's more bidders for fighters, so in effect they make more money. That's a valid point. Bc a monopoly does not help fighters. But you didn't want to debate, you just wanted to fanboy.
              Wtf you talkin bout fanboy? I told you the TRUTH. They aint trying to make shet happen, at least not now, if they did then we would of had D.Wilder/Joshua, D.Wilder/fury, Nelo/Charlo, Nelo/Boo Boo, Errol/Bud, ect. You just mad cuz you are really fanboying cuz you don't like PBC.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Stop it, PBC are the only ones making fights happen. Errol/porter & Kieth/Pacquiao are coming next too.
                Dont forget wilder ortiz 2, 3 and 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  His pockets? He has put more in the fighters pockets too.
                  Yup his pockets

He’s taken over 125m out of wilders pocket to ensure pbc are happy

Comment

• Wilder apparently drew over 1 million homes for his maybe 10 minutes of work, so what is this even about? lol

Comment

• To bad it’s Dazn not pBC that’s up for sale. Nice try trolls.

Comment

Working...
                      X