Collapse
No announcement yet.

People trying to argue Ortiz has the same value as Miller are talking nonsense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People trying to argue Ortiz has the same value as Miller are talking nonsense

An undefeated top 10 American challenging a Brit to be the #1 HW in the world, is going to have more interest in America than a recently defeated Cuban fighting a Brit.

Miller was selected and overpaid because he was American and it was Joshua's American debut by DAZN themselves.

It's seems to be just the Wilder fans saying this nonsense. They really should try to stop being so obviously biased.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-24-2019, 10:25 PM.

People cannot seperate talent (questionable) from marketability. Ask any promoter what they will choose first. While you like to have both, marketability can make you money. Talent alone is no guarantee that you will make money.

Comment

Hell, the big chicken wanted much more than Miller. Miller was to get 6.5 million and Ortiz is asking 10 million. He lied about being willing to fight AJ for free. He priced himself out and doesn't want to fight him at all. Give the fight to a top contender who actually wants the fight.

Comment

Who’s Miller? What are you guys talking about?

Comment

Miller is signed to DAZN. Ortiz is not. Of course they're gonna pay miller more.

Why would dazn pay an outsider more money for one fight. If ortiz wins, he takes the 3 belts back to fox /showtime.

Some of you guys have no critical thinking skills or common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Hell, the big chicken wanted much more than Miller. Miller was to get 6.5 million and Ortiz is asking 10 million. He lied about being willing to fight AJ for free. He priced himself out and doesn't want to fight him at all. Give the fight to a top contender who actually wants the fight.

This is true.

Comment

Hearn didnt offer Miller 6.5 is correct, he offered him less and that's when DAZN came in when Miller declined the initial offer . So talks of low balls is nonsense because then Hearn would have to be offering Ortiz less and hes not, its more. On top of that Ortiz isn't signed to DAZN so he wouldn't be offered more.

Comment

You created a thread because I disagreed with you??

Hearn fans have such silly notions about what American fans will or won't buy. The lengths people go to in order to protect the honor of Hearn are downright embarrassing.

The pay difference has nothing to do with marketability, it's Eddie's biz relationship with Miller.
                US fans don't know or care about Miller. They do know Ortiz because of the Wilder fight. No matter how many times you quote me, you're going to be wrong about this so don't expect me to comment about it again. Just live it with.

Comment

You telling someone to stop being biased

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    You created a thread because I disagreed with you??

Hearn fans have such silly notions about what American fans will or won't buy. The lengths people go to in order to protect the honor of Hearn are downright embarrassing.

The pay difference has nothing to do with marketability, it's Eddie's biz relationship with Miller.
                    US fans don't know or care about Miller. They do know Ortiz because of the Wilder fight. No matter how many times you quote me, you're going to be wrong about this so don't expect me to comment about it again. Just live it with.
                    I made the thread before you replied. You aren't that big of a deal you arrogant ****.

DAZN wanted Miller not Ortiz.

Miller was paid so much because he's an undefeated American. Americans don't give a **** about a recently defeated Cuban undercard fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X