Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Win but Loma Not Better than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomachenko can't hold Floyd's jock strap...FACTS! Floyd was knocking his opponents out at that weight and NOT getting drop by his opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      That was a great performance but Loma can be wreckless in his attack. He got hit with a lot of great shots from Linares, punches he took simply from being squared up, overly aggressive, and a bit careless. Most notably he got put on his butt with a straight right hand, something we never saw happen to Floyd.

I think Loma is beatable, namely because he leaves himself wide open for counters much too often, I think a real sharpshooter has a chance of timing and stopping Loma. I'm thinking a guy like Crawford

But regardless great fight and Loma is certainly p4p right now!
      I had the fight even before linares quit. I definitely don't see loma as invincible, and a lot of fans got a shake up tonight in their fav fighter. espn commentators are garbage.

loma is a elite fighter but he can be beaten presently. i think pac man can beat linares if they fight now at 135. i think mikey has a really good chance of maybe stopping loma at 135, guy has freaky power. at the end of the day to me it came down to linares taking a dive... no way he quit like that, maidana got hit with a 10x harder liver shot and got up and fought khan to the death. really came down to linares shaky heart

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        He could well be regarded as better than Mayweather by the end of his career. 3 weight world champion in a dozen fights. Has that been done before?
        when you spend the majority of your life in the amateur ranks racking up 400 fights and coming into your pro career at the age of 27 when your in your physical prime, then yes it is.

floyd started at 18, pac man at 15. nobody wins a world title at those ages

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          This answers my question who would win at 130. Floyd is just superior in every way.
          Please, explain. This is when Floyd trade.

You think he easily beats a tricky southpaw with D and offense also ?

Comment

Tank will knock Loma out. Loma is fools gold.

Comment

lomachenko wont fight the same against other guys at 135. Against Linares it was somewhat necessary. Linares had speed, reach and height and he had to get close and work him with shorter, cirsper shots from a shorter range.

Against slower fighters (135 guys are of course on average slower than the guys he has faced at 126-130), he can apply a fightplan with more movement and making his opponents pay for mistakes.
              The window to counter linares from the outside was much smaller, because linares is a pretty fast guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                He could well be regarded as better than Mayweather by the end of his career. 3 weight world champion in a dozen fights. Has that been done before?
                Never been done that quick.

Then again, Floyd going about 20 years undefeated and about 18 years as world champ is incredible in it's own right, especially when you look at the list of excellent names on his record. Maybe some weren't prime but it'd probably be logistically impossible to fight everyone at their best. To do what Floyd did spanning over 3 decades and never turn up out of shape, never have a real off night or whatever, that is equally as special as winning world titles in a short space of time.

Comment

Lomachenko is open for that lead right hand and I expressed this way before Linares landed his. Nothing else needs mentioning

Comment

Floyd would win by decision against Loma but Loma has much more weapons and 100% interesting to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Please, explain. This is when Floyd trade.

You think he easily beats a tricky southpaw with D and offense also ?
                      Linares isn't that impressive of a fighter. Let's not make it seem he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X