Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black sabbath

are they the GOAT in heavy metal?

if not, who?

Maybe the pioneering heavy metal band but being the GOAT will defend on the preference of the fans. Well, expect a lot of fighting over who the real GOAT is.

Comment

Sabbath album I love listening to as a teenager.

Comment

f#cking god on the drums. i gotta buy me some computer speakers.

nice riffs
        great albums

just a hell of collection of musicians, and a hell of a metal band.

NE needs mo threads like this one in his life.

Comment

There is something about 70's music and marajuana that go so well together.
          Great band. But i dont like all their stuff. I prefer Pantera, or Eyehategod.

Comment

i used to only listen to them every now and again, but for some reason i've been loving paranoid this week, played it about 20 times. Gets better every time too

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post

gonna plead the fifth on that one

i saw pantera on their final tour. slayer opened up for them, but pantera was the band that really rocked the place.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                Critically underrated.

On topic, I love Sabbath. I still listen to them at least once a week in my car.

Got the chance to see them live in Charlotte when they reunited in 2008. It was kind of depressing because the stage looked like it had been taken over by a bunch of nursing home patients, but they sounded exactly the same, which is what's most important.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

i saw pantera on their final tour. slayer opened up for them, but pantera was the band that really rocked the place.
                  Slayer should never open for Pantera. They're superior in every way for radio friendliness.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Wished id seen Pantera live. I hear Phil was a total **** up on their last tour.

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Critically underrated.

Off topic again, Eyehategod put my music video on their last dvd.

Werent Sabbath heavily influenced by Led Zep? Some of their stuff sounds kinda ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                    X