Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don King wants to make rumble in the Jungle II, with Vitali and Stiverne (lol)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don King wants to make rumble in the Jungle II, with Vitali and Stiverne (lol)

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/combat...07-105841.html

(translation)

The colorful promoter Don King does not set up a rematch between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman, but he intended to create a second event "Rumble in the Jungle" in Africa, with a clash pitting champion WBC, Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko, the Laval Berman Stiverne.

The shock Stiverne against Klitschko could take place in February or March in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia.

"Don King wants to make a second" Rumble in the Jungle "in Africa and asked us if we were interested in participating. I was taken by surprise, but we said yes right away: it could be part of history with this fight, "has launched the exclusive manager and owner Stiverne Eye of the Tiger Management, Camille Estephen .

"We had to attend the gala boxing Bute vs. Johnson in Quebec when Don King has called us to tell us to come to Florida soon, since he had a new urgency, he continued. King wanted to ensure that Berman is ready and it is. Let's go to win. "

On October 30, 1974 May 20 Stadium in Kinshasa, while the Democratic Republic of Congo was known sources the name of Zaire, Ali and Foreman had fought a duel history that will remain forever in the imagination of sports fans.

Ali had won by KO the eighth round, thanks to the strategy of "Rope-a-dope" Foreman exhausting before extending it to the account, subject to regain its title of world champion heavyweight.

Don King is the one who had set up this event, which many consider one of the largest in the history of the noble art.
    Camille Estephan discussed at length with the developer, whose reputation is well again. He was impressed by the man.

"We were there for her gala featuring champion WBA light-heavyweight Michael Marrone and Guillermo Jones. We have negotiated before and after and we have not slept. At 80 years of being able to do that ... is truly impressive. "

Note also that because of discussions for a possible mega-fight in the Horn of Africa, the preparatory meeting that was to deliver Stiverne, possibly in December, fell into the water.

That's a great idea but the problem is that nobody is ready for Vitali and that emphatically includes Stiverne.

Comment

The guy who got his shoes boxed off by Ray Austin? No thanks. I'd rather see Solis-Stiverne.

Vitali should be fighting a name in an event like that. Unfortunately all of the names are in their 40s...

Comment

The event idea is a good one but the fight itself is bleah....

Comment

Stiverne is very strong and has good power, but he barely got into range against Austin and he barely threw punches. If he couldn't get into range enough to catch Austin, I think he''s going to get slaughtered by Vitali.

He has a punchers chance because if he catches Vitali he has the power to hurt him, but he might just be following Vitali until he's tired of getting rocked.

Comment

Vitali is negotiating with Haye and Valuev.

Comment

I would def. watch Vitaly vs Solis in Manilla. Solis is by far most skilled hw aside from Klits. other han him, I don't see anyone giving a good fight to both brothers

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                Stiverne is very strong and has good power, but he barely got into range against Austin and he barely threw punches. If he couldn't get into range enough to catch Austin, I think he''s going to get slaughtered by Vitali.

He has a punchers chance because if he catches Vitali he has the power to hurt him, but he might just be following Vitali until he's tired of getting rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                  I would def. watch Vitaly vs Solis in Manilla. Solis is by far most skilled hw aside from Klits. other han him, I don't see anyone giving a good fight to both brothers
                  A good fight? Vitali knocked him out in like 2.5 mins. I think Helenius needs a shot.

Comment

Solis might have some talent...

Comment

Working...
                    X