No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs. Linares - afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma doesn’t make the odds.

The odds were wrong anyway. Which was why I put a little bit on Linares. I got 8/1

Comment

This is Lomachenko's "Jacobs Moment" we now know his limitations!

Comment

Styles make fights, lomachenko moved up in weight against a taller, rangier guy, who also happens to be the fastest in the weight class with decent power on his single punches.

Stylistically it was a harder fight for loma, because he is used to have significant speed and reflex advantages or his volume was too hard to overcome for slow paced counterpunchers (Rigo).

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
          To be honest, I am a little surprised at the people celebrating the win and giving huge props to Loma. Do not get me wrong, it was a good fight, but I personally expected more from the so-called #1 P4P boxer in the world. Linares not only held his own, but also made Loma look ordinary and outboxed him on a number of occasions. The best boxer on the planet should not be struggling so much against a 7-to-1 underdog.

Perhaps Loma is not as good as his hype would suggest? Or maybe Linares is better than he is given credit for? What do you gentlemen think?
          Loma is the best P4P on the planet. That doesn't mean he blows everyone he fights out of the water.

Look at the recent #1s, all of them have had really tough fights, or even losses. And that is fighting guys at their own weight class.

Comment

Def P4P no.1 Hes done what no other boxer has done in history and hes only half way thru.
            Loma fought i think his best fight tonite.
            Coming back the way he did from a kd just shows the champion that he is.
            No- one beats Loma in mental toughness thats why he made his last 5 opponents quit.

Comment

Despite 15 pound disadventage plus reach and height disadventage he knock out the top guy of the division. That is awesome actually. Also Linares has disturbing style for Loma. Evwn tough he is bigger he is also fast and have tje power. If there were slower guy Loma would desteroy easily. Linares is pretty badass fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                Look at the recent #1s, all of them have had really tough fights, or even losses. And that is fighting guys at their own weight class.
                Not Terence Crawford.

Anyway, Lomachenko showed me a lot in this fight. He was going up against a bigger, sronger guy. Plus he had to overcome some adversity after getting put down.

Yet he still came through and did his thing. Pulling out a liver shot just when he needed it, with Linares coming on and the fight still in doubt on the official scorecards.

Comment

I dont know which scorecards were worse this fight or the Ortiz vs Wilder one !

No wonder other champions are reluctant to fight over here , absolute garbage judging ,and had Linares won it should have been investigated it was that obvious .

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
                    To be honest, I am a little surprised at the people celebrating the win and giving huge props to Loma. Do not get me wrong, it was a good fight, but I personally expected more from the so-called #1 P4P boxer in the world. Linares not only held his own, but also made Loma look ordinary and outboxed him on a number of occasions. The best boxer on the planet should not be struggling so much against a 7-to-1 underdog.

Perhaps Loma is not as good as his hype would suggest? Or maybe Linares is better than he is given credit for? What do you gentlemen think?
                    Loma last fought at 130, first fight at 135 and against a taller, stronger champion at the weight. Linares hadn't lost since 2012 and had KO 7 out his past 13 opponents.

So now Loma is a 3 division champion in just 12 fights, that's pretty good if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                      Please, post exactly what you expected from a man moving up a division to face a champion. Please be specific.
                      Originally posted by animelive View Post
                      Loma was outweighed, outreached and yet made his opponent who is the top bloke in the division bleed and outboxed. If that isn't p4p no.1, your idea of p4p must be some form of a greek god ko'ing all his opponents with one punch in the first round
                      Originally posted by Tony Mangtana View Post
                      Loma came up a division and knocked out the top 2 world champion who has greater physical attributes than him in his first fight at lightweight. So yes, he lived up to the hype..

What else do people want?
                      Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                      he won what else did you expect a rainbow to soot out of his ass?
                      Most people give Loma credit for moving up, and rightfully so. However, boxers move/up down all the time, so it is not as a big of a deal as some posters are making it out to be. Furthermore, making Linares bleed is not really an accomplishment.

To answer your questions: I expected Loma to not struggle against someone he was supposed to blow out. Being put on his a$$ by a big underdog not particularly known for his power does not help his case either.

The hype machine behind Lomachenko would have one believe that he is a future ATG. However, a truly great fighter (e.g. Floyd Mayweather) should not have had so many issues dealing with someone like Linares. Also, please do not forget that Loma was expected to introduce Linares to the Matrix and not be pushed to the limit by a 7-to-1 underdog.

Comment

Working...
                      X