Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Qullin Turns Down Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Quillin turn it down because of the fight or he didn't have enough time to get ready?

Comment

He also turned down the prospect of a Lara fight because he said he didn't want to fight his countryman (PQ's Father is Cuban). Imagine if no Americans, Brits, Russians etc never fought eachother on that same basis. That's a duck in my mind too.

Comment

it was gbp who turned it down and probably because the kid isnt ready. he clearly isnt imo, he has a lot to work on and even if he did improve to the point necessary, hed still have a tough time beating golovkin. i

Comment

Quillin already had a spot on Showtime's September 8 card. That's probably why GBP isn't interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Quillin already had a spot on Showtime's September 8 card. That's probably why GBP isn't interested.
            that and gbp is clearly trying to make that fight with rubio. quillin doesnt really choose who he fights, he aint canelo, he dont have the power like that. either way, i think he loses at this point, but this is really not his fault. this is pirogs fault.

Comment

what a ***** move

Comment

I though he was fighting Rubio next, why take a fight in short notice?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  I though he was fighting Rubio next, why take a fight in short notice?
                  He has 7 weeks, enough for a full camp and a shot at the WBA and IBO Titles. That's why. Oh and when you claim MW's are avoiding you, including Martinez, then turn down a Title shot you look like a bleeding vagina.

Comment

There's no need to hastily alter the plans that had already been mapped out for him, especially on short notice. It's not his fault that Pirog got "injured."

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      He also turned down the prospect of a Lara fight because he said he didn't want to fight his countryman (PQ's Father is Cuban). Imagine if no Americans, Brits, Russians etc never fought eachother on that same basis. That's a duck in my mind too.
                      that's such a joke of an excuse to not fight someone,

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      He has 7 weeks, enough for a full camp and a shot at the WBA and IBO Titles. That's why. Oh and when you claim MW's are avoiding you, including Martinez, then turn down a Title shot you look like a bleeding vagina.
                      but i thought he was already booked up to fight rubio? isn't that fight signed and a done deal? not sure he can just scrap that fight and take golovkin like that. not if he signed a contract to fight rubio.

Comment

Working...
                      X