• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
    I don’t know if I’d consider Valero “going out on top”. 🤔🤔🤔
    True. The piece of ***** went out swinging

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
      I don’t know if I’d consider Valero “going out on top”. 🤔🤔🤔
      Yeah, I got caught up in trying to remember unbeaten champs. That's plenty fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Yeah, I got caught up in trying to remember unbeaten champs. That's plenty fair.
        And that Pacquiao fight was ready to be made. Man, we missed out on a potential classic.

Comment

Lennox Lewis.

Hagler did too. Hagler had to throw the fight to Leonard. Reason he didn't want rematch was becuase he knew he had to throw that too.

Seth Mitchell retired at the right time too

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Michael Spinks.

Undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF, Ring, and lineal light heavyweight champion
            IBF, Ring, and lineal heavyweight champion

Lost to Tyson in 1 round, never fought again.

Retired 31-1 with his health and his money.
            Good selection. People love to dog Spinks cuz of how he went out in the Tyson fight, but he likely got out early at 31yrs when things went south badly. I have lil doubt he could have stuck around & beaten plenty of guys & maybe won the title again, but after doing all he did already it probably seemed like a sh^tty plan to stick around & just be a top 10, maybe top 5 guy for many more years. Respect to Michael on getting out at the right time in this unforgivable game.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              I reckon Marciano, Mayweather, Berry, Lopez, Calzaghe, Ward, & Valero, and, any other unbeaten world champion I may not know or remember atm all proved they knew when.

One could cut PBF and SOG 'cause it's not been too long since last they boxed, but, the rest of them dudes retired at the right time for sure.
              Lol that's dark as f#ck. Guy did all he could do in boxing so offed his gf & himself as a retirement.

Comment

Froch. For someone who didnt win a world title until after his 30th birthday, he fought 11 world title fights in six years. Never fought in a fight that wasnt for a title from the time he won his first to his retirement. He was showing decline in the Groves fights but was still top-class, left at the perfect time.

Comment

Lewis, Ward, Bradley, JMM, Finito, Vitali, Calzaghe. Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Rocky Marciano
                    Eder Jofre
                    Carlos Monzon
                    Marvin Hagler
                    Michael Spinks
                    Lennox Lewis
                    Vitali Klitschko
                    Floyd Mayweather jr

It can be kinda hard to argue a guy who never lost & didn't take much damage in his career stayed too long. But I think anyone fighting into their 40s stayed too long even if they are competing at the highest levels as a few do or excelling as Floyd did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Lewis, Ward, Bradley, JMM, Finito, Vitali, Calzaghe. Froch.

That's a good list of fighters. There are more than I thought when I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X