Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What's Happening With DAZN? - Part Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small price to pay for the ability to watch an event of a sport one is interested in. In January 2019 DAZN had a co main event between Xu Can vs Jesus Rojas. I told my freind after that fight, "I just got my money's worth for the year in that fight alone". Easy for me to appreciate but I fall into the old fan catagory. Not sure how to appeal to the younger generation and get any of that crowd to be interested in anything period.. Maybe the excitement of gambling will be a help. Just make it convenient with nothing more than an average house vig and I think it's a great idea! Being a gambling degenerate as I am and from what I've seen gamblers, will forget about what they can win or lose and avoid betting if they see a hidden fee or more of a fee than the norm. No matter how little it may be. Most gamblers like playing with numbers and tend to step over dollars to save a dime. Still, I belive and hope DAZN does offer and for all sports especially "Baseball" the ability to fire on the action. Even if they don't show the event. Personally I would jump all over that. Good luck to DAZN! Hope to see a stronger support this year in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Doesn’t seem DAZn is in a good spot right now , Lost a sh.it load , looking for a sh.it load $ , &00K Subs about 1/5 of what they expected and only about 1/5 of those Are annual Subs 160k

DAZn biggest problem is that no one from the sport they brought on view this as a partnership and have no desire to contribute to Dasn success . Everyone on their platform gets above their actual market value but so far haven’t been in fights that would give the Platform their best chance getting subs

why all the financial experts that were sure PBC was destined for failure don’t seem to have that same belief this time

what did Haymon do to Hauser for him to hate him so much , will always have something negative to say or spin it in a negative when talking about Haymon/ PBc

In his Personal Hate Profile Of Haymon he spinned how Haymon Who mostly conducts business at home while spending time with his Mom should somehow be looked at as a bad thing
      might have something to do with haymon not being accessible to the media...and giving them articles and soundbytes...media types hate that kind stuff...it seems "arrogant" to them when they are ignored...

Comment

and because of Hearn and AJ fans I have not subscribed to DAZN although I miss watching Canelo fights live.
        Last edited by Cool Scant; 01-06-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          might have something to do with haymon not being accessible to the media...and giving them articles and soundbytes...media types hate that kind stuff...it seems "arrogant" to them when they are ignored...
          Haymon has been apart of entertainment for over 35+ years.
          I'm not too sure how accessible he's been when he was promoting big music shows and television?
          Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
            Haymon has been apart of entertainment for over 35+ years.
            I'm not too sure how accessible he's been when he was promoting big music shows and television?
            Anyone know?
            right....but nobody is really out there trying to get weekly interviews with concert promoters

just imagine if arum and hearn were never around to be interviewed by boxing journalists.....

Comment

Devin Haney needs to read this article over and over and over again. Canelo is fading quick and needs to get back to showtime PPV before he's completely irrelevant

Comment

This is the best article I've read on boxingscene for a while now. Well researched, bold and objective. I do think DAZN will survive but they'll go through a few scares and scrapes.
                If anyone reading can get to them, I suggest they bring a package of some sort to Nigeria. Anthony Joshua is the highest single star over here, even bigger than footballers (note that in Nigeria, nothing is bigger than football/soccer). They'd have made a whole lot of though if they monopolized the streaming service to his Ruiz 2 fight. His future fights will only be bigger and help them gain ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Laphta View Post
                  This is the best article I've read on boxingscene for a while now. Well researched, bold and objective. I do think DAZN will survive but they'll go through a few scares and scrapes.
                  If anyone reading can get to them, I suggest they bring a package of some sort to Nigeria. Anthony Joshua is the highest single star over here, even bigger than footballers (note that in Nigeria, nothing is bigger than football/soccer). They'd have made a whole lot of though if they monopolized the streaming service to his Ruiz 2 fight. His future fights will only be bigger and help them gain ground.
                  Hauser is the best writer when it comes to boxing. Totally unbiased and fair.

DAZN is great for hardcore fans. Unfortunately, there's probably anywhere between 100-250k of those left. Most people don't know anything about boxing and don't care to know anything about boxing.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens around September/October time as that's when DAZN has their clause to end the deal with Hearn.

Comment

As always, well written and well researched.

I won't go into financial specifics but what would I know that Hauser hasn't already mentioned? But, when it comes to comparisons, Amazon is not a good one.

Amazon itself was a market leader, one of the first online marketplaces AND it started off in the market for books. By the time it expanded, people already had a grasp of online shopping and knew the Amazon name. By the time it branched into video streaming, it had a tonne of business to fall back on and knew how Netflix operated and have essentially aped their business model. The biggest key difference is that Amazon had investors with the money and foresight to keep it going through all the loss because they knew there was no direct competitor (Ebay?). With DAZN, the appetite for big expansion and investment can not continue because investors ca nsee Netflix, Prime, Disney +, Apple TV....along with online counterparts to the likes of BT, Sky, US networks etc.

This was a foolhardy venture UNLESS DAZN had been able to give fans what they wanted, top fighters v top fighters. They did not.

Comment

I enjoyed both of the features on DAZN. I think it is very important to note that the core fanbase is older. I think the powers that be need to factor that in.

Nothing wrong with streaming, but if you can't connect with much of your core audience and have a problem reaching the casual fan, then something needs to change.

I also don't know who the f-ck told them to expect 3.5 million subs in the 1st year. That is not a smart expectation.

Comment

Working...
                      X