Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earl Spence's party lifestyle/weight gaining between fights is catching up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Spence isn't without his flaws (nobody is) as good as he is, you're acting like Spence is the perfect fighter. Funny you can crap on Manny, a sure fire ATG, but can't see any flaws in Spence.

Spence: Little head movement, clunky footwork, can be turned easily, and can't move out of a straight right hand to save his life.
    Can't call out head movement as a flaw because he doesn't seem to need it. He uses full upper body evasion, and it was on display against Porter.

Turning him also does no good because of said upper body evasion.

Straight right is only effective if you're fast and / or long enough to land it. Very few fighters are. Everyone else - said upper body evasion.

Lastly, you need to learn how to read. I didn't say Spence doesn't have flaws, I said I have yet to find any. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't seen a single fighter since Lartey even come close to exposing them. Porter showed me nothing new and Spence adapted beautifully late game.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Thurman arguably Lost to spence? Revelated doesn't know ****.
      He's talking about Porter
      Originally posted by revelated View Post
      The question is whether Fighter A is more obviously flawed than Fighter B.

Crawford: gets overconfident or pissed when he gets hit, starts to leak defense and is overly susceptible to trap setting.

Thurman: misjudges range and gets clipped going backwards. If the shot is a ranged body shot he's not expecting it to connect and crumples if it lands square.

Danny: pure counter puncher that eats punches to land his own. Too slow to beat anyone that doesn't stand and trade.

Manny: can't handle bullies, doesn't like sharp jabs to the face that make him reset, gets him frustrated and he loses focus. He's most effective against guys that back away, not guys that march forward, and sucks on the inside.

Porter: if he tries to box at range he eats punches. As the linebacker he has success but easy to time if you're patient and don't lose your cool.

I don't yet see a clear flaw with Spence.

I said before the Porter fight and you can pull that thread, that Spence had never faced a true ring bully. Well, he passed that test with flying colors in my opinion, since even Keef couldn't drop Porter and arguably lost against him.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        The question is whether Fighter A is more obviously flawed than Fighter B.

Crawford: gets overconfident or pissed when he gets hit, starts to leak defense and is overly susceptible to trap setting.

Thurman: misjudges range and gets clipped going backwards. If the shot is a ranged body shot he's not expecting it to connect and crumples if it lands square.

Danny: pure counter puncher that eats punches to land his own. Too slow to beat anyone that doesn't stand and trade.

Manny: can't handle bullies, doesn't like sharp jabs to the face that make him reset, gets him frustrated and he loses focus. He's most effective against guys that back away, not guys that march forward, and sucks on the inside.

Porter: if he tries to box at range he eats punches. As the linebacker he has success but easy to time if you're patient and don't lose your cool.

I don't yet see a clear flaw with Spence.

I said before the Porter fight and you can pull that thread, that Spence had never faced a true ring bully. Well, he passed that test with flying colors in my opinion, since even Keef couldn't drop Porter and arguably lost against him.
        Manny loves guys coming forward.
        Most of the guys he's beat have basically come towards him especially at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXICAN STYLE View Post
          He's talking about Porter
          Yes, porter I meant.

Thurman clearly beat Porter...

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            Are you sure?
            You called it. I think his lifestyle has already affected his career. Its a bit too late now IMHO, he has had his wake up call though, let's see if he can turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Most of the guys he's beat have basically come towards him especially at welterweight.
              Manny hates pressure at this age. Had it been Prime MAnny, then comeforward fighters are his bread and butter for him to eat at breakfast.

But old manny gets tired easily and doesn't throw as much to have the same effect as he was younger.

Comment

Spence is a country boy and yoko country boys are the easiest to manipulate and influence. He came off as a square as a prospect but you can see his transition as the money came in. I thought he looked out of place standing next to idiots like broner and davis. He should be hanging more with Porter and bradley. He belongs in that group.

I think his time at the top might br finished

Comment

Who is earl Spence?

Comment

he himself said he is going to fix that... but who is earl?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      He USED to love guys coming forward, but he changed style after the Marquez KO in 2012. When he faced Bradley the second time he was struggling during the rounds Bradley marched forward.

And we all know what happened with Jeff Horn so no need to repeat it.

Same with Keef. Keef was only effective as the aggressor and only got hurt when he went backwards.
                      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 12-27-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X