Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Plans To Weigh About 270 Pounds For Rematch With Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Plans To Weigh About 270 Pounds For Rematch With Wilder

Deontay Wilder isn't the only one preparing to come in heavier for his rematch versus Tyson Fury. The brash British heavyweight revealed during a radio interview Wednesday on ESPN New York (98.7 FM) that he weighs 270 pounds and plans to enter the ring at about that same weight for his second fight with Wilder. Fury weighed in at 256 pounds for his 12-round split draw with Wilder in December 2018 and hasn't weighed in above 263 pounds for any of his past four fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tyson, you're fat! You and all your brothers went down hill after Klitschko. The money and the fame has made you soft Gypsy-Bum!

Comment

Yes Fury is very tall indeed and can weight that much. While Wilder is very thin at 220 but full of energy.

Comment

Bizarre.

All he has to do is stay on his feet and he'll win the fight by default, but instead he's making sure Wilder will be able to catch him.

Comment

Fury has been saying some dumb things lately. Bypassing Bob Arum level craziness. Or, he is doing the opposite of Ruiz when Ruiz tried to fool the public about coming in lighter for his rematch.

Comment

Fury is crazy like a fox. Dude has always been unpredictable. Idk what to believe & honestly don't really care. I just wanna see him and Wilder get it over with already. I feel like this whole Fury Wilder AJ saga has dragged out for far too long.

Comment

I know it's easy to think and say that Fury is simply playing a mind game with Wilder and will actually use the same tactics in their rematch the did in the first fight. I'm beginning to believe though that he is serious about being more aggressive and stopping Wilder. Getting into Wilder's face should be a good move as far as taking the big punch away from Wilder. Fury's 50 pound weight advantage does no good if he stays on the outside but is a big advantage if he's leaning on Wilder. Can Fury knock Wilder out, yes just not with a single punch. A tired Wilder taking multiple heavy shots could lose by KO due to attrition alone. I'm pulling for Wilder but I can see Fury winning by stoppage as well.

Comment

If true then Fury is approaching this fight all wrong in my opinion.

Comment

I guess we will know in just over a week during open workouts. What I do know is this, 270 isn't conducive to a big gas tank for Fury. If he anticipates hugging Wilder to victory, I think he will be unpleasantly surprised.

It very well could be that Fury is willing to risk getting laid out again to seek a KO of Wilder. We could be in for an explosive ending. My bet is, Fury gets caught with a counter left hook or a right uppercut that ends it while he is being agressive.

Comment

270 sounds good until you take a shot and you've got to stabilize 270. There's no scientifically formulated sandwich that can prepare you for that. It's a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X