Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-13-2018, 09:04 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2218 Post(s)
MasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 16,507.11
Default PBC is getting a lot of flack for this?

FOX is on board, rolling out the red carpet trying to push boxing back into the mainstream on regular television. Yet, PBC seems to be getting blasted for what they're trying to accomplished.

Obviously from the presser today FOX is really all into it. If marketed right, this will work.

Y'all better support this or by 2025 boxing will be gone from the public's eye all together.

If this fails it will be because of the boxing media and boxing fans pushing people away.

A lot are dogging these match ups. Did y'all think we were gonna see Thurman-Spence or something. None of the match ups are bad other than Santa Cruz-Flores.
But we have to see what Top Rank, Golden Boy and Matchroom bring to the table.
MasterPlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-13-2018, 09:09 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2546 Post(s)
Jubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 13,116.94
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 

PBC has the fighters, have the possibilities to bring us boxing fans good matchups and active champions. They could make actual good fights but they decide to make predictable mismatches again and again and the worst thing is that most PBC fighters only fight once a year. If you only fight once/twice a year it needs to be top fights, if you fight 3-4 times you can have your pick em opponent once in a while. But PBC is doing both mistakes, boring predictable fights and having a very inactive roster.
Jubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:11 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
mrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045.76
Total Points: 18,409.26
great poster - Melly-Mel Thanks for posting the Rd by Rds for the fights I don't get to see and supplying heaps of great info. - danc1984 funny shit! - Tom Flores thanks for posting on the thread - robson24 Consistently funny poster. Thumbs up. - ddangerous 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 

Honestly the fights were nothing special, they should have started with a bang imo. They should have made Spence vs. Garcia on Fox to show the world what type of ratings Boxings can do.

The first UFC on Fox was Velasquez vs. Dos Santos. I'm pretty sure that fight peaked at like 8 million viewers, I don't see any of these fights setting the world on fire.

ESPN for it's part has gone all in with Top Rank, that's why they have made a mismatch like Crawford vs. Benavidez do huge ratings for a fight that was pretty weak on paper. Fox is really going to have to get creative pushing boxing on their morning shows and on their NFL games.

Overall I'm happy with Fox coming on board but I don't like the pivot that PBC is doing to make so many PPVs.
mrpain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:17 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

MasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
PBC has the fighters, have the possibilities to bring us boxing fans good matchups and active champions. They could make actual good fights but they decide to make predictable mismatches again and again and the worst thing is that most PBC fighters only fight once a year. If you only fight once/twice a year it needs to be top fights, if you fight 3-4 times you can have your pick em opponent once in a while. But PBC is doing both mistakes, boring predictable fights and having a very inactive roster.
A lot of stuff went on from PBCs first few years that don't get bought up often enough. Like the lawsuits from TR and GB and bad press from the media from the jump. Like it or not thst put a damper on a bunch of plans I bet. With those lawsuits came networks dropping out which means less dates.

But with that behind them. They have the dates, they have the backing and the funds.

Decent match ups were made.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:21 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpain81 View Post
Honestly the fights were nothing special, they should have started with a bang imo. They should have made Spence vs. Garcia on Fox to show the world what type of ratings Boxings can do.

The first UFC on Fox was Velasquez vs. Dos Santos. I'm pretty sure that fight peaked at like 8 million viewers, I don't see any of these fights setting the world on fire.

ESPN for it's part has gone all in with Top Rank, that's why they have made a mismatch like Crawford vs. Benavidez do huge ratings for a fight that was pretty weak on paper. Fox is really going to have to get creative pushing boxing on their morning shows and on their NFL games.

Overall I'm happy with Fox coming on board but I don't like the pivot that PBC is doing to make so many PPVs.
I think Spence-Garcia was always destined for PPV.

UFC was at it's absolute peak in what was that 2011.

And ESPN while good, didn't have anything like what FOX did and I don't think ESPN is goin all out. ESPN only brings up boxing the week before when they should be running stuff in the network daily.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:22 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1518 Post(s)
pillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 13,926.18
Your fanboyism is embarrassing - __________ Use it to look pretty for your man Eddie the Snake - __________ Give it to Eddie the snake to get hard before you suck him off pmsl - __________ Dick riding the coward and his lying promoter - __________ Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 

I just don't like that PBC is starting to do PPV's now. PPV has been terrible for the sport. I hoped that Canelo going to DAZN would end PPV boxing in the US but I was wrong.
pillowfists98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1521 Post(s)
mcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these partsmcdonalds is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 13,432.62
team Imbecile - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
LMFAO how can a GGG fan say anything like this?

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by mcdonalds; 11-13-2018 at 09:33 PM.
mcdonalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:30 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
mrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,409.26
great poster - Melly-Mel Thanks for posting the Rd by Rds for the fights I don't get to see and supplying heaps of great info. - danc1984 funny shit! - Tom Flores thanks for posting on the thread - robson24 Consistently funny poster. Thumbs up. - ddangerous 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPlan View Post
I think Spence-Garcia was always destined for PPV.

UFC was at it's absolute peak in what was that 2011.

And ESPN while good, didn't have anything like what FOX did and I don't think ESPN is goin all out. ESPN only brings up boxing the week before when they should be running stuff in the network daily.
I'm not saying Boxing would get 8 million viewers but they sure as hell might get 5 million.

And ESPN has been pushing Lomachenko and Crawford. They even had Crawford at some NFL games. Also ESPN has made a huge shift that it talks about boxing a lot more on their morning shows. I used to watch a ton of ESPN and they would never talk any boxing, but when they did it was mostly talking about how much it was dead.

The talking points have changed now, I haven't heard the "Boxing is dead" remark in a while now.
mrpain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:31 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
bballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond reputebballchump11 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,734.96

Caleb Plant vs Uzcategui is a really good one.
bballchump11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:45 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5491 Post(s)
Mammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond reputeMammoth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 29,521.73
shut the fook up - Boxing Goat Should be a great fight... - anthonydavid11 

Are these good fights? Not really but the major complaint with the PBC was inactivity. These additional dates will help with that.
Mammoth is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
flack, this?

User Tag List