No announcement yet.

What is the limit of trash talk in boxing/MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the limit of trash talk in boxing/MMA

Should there be a limit at all? Should fighters be allowed to say whatever they want and not face any kind of consequences? Where do you draw the line?? I think most people would say racial slurs is where you shouldn't go. Most fighters don't even go that far but I feel nothing should be off limits when it comes to trashtalk. You can decide to respond in similar fashion or be the bigger man and don't sink to that person's level.

Man thats a tough question. Cuz you can say well thats just unacceptable to say x, y & z but then when a mfer says that sh^t then the fight does 50% more business. So clearly people wanna hear it & it makes them more hyped for the fight.

So who really wants to say or would say don't say that we don't wanna make more money? Not many mfers I'd imagine. So who's gonna make this call that can actually penalize people who do it? The ABC Groups like when they suspended Broner I guess cuz they get their 3% without the back end money anyway so if a fight does 75k PPV guys or 2M PPV buys they don't care.

Comment

Racial slurs and family should be off limits.

Comment

Wilder's comments about Breazeale and his son definitely crossed the line in my opinion.

Comment

Depends on if you can back it up

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Wilder's comments about Breazeale and his son definitely crossed the line in my opinion.
            I hate to ask this....What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              I'm with you there bro although Brezeale also made reference to Wilder's daughter, which is equally reprehensible imo.

Comment

Originally posted by phishfan View Post
                I hate to ask this....What did he say?
                "We already know what Dominic Breazeale is doing. He’s trying to talk me into fighting him - which is not working. My mind is already made up on that Breazeale fight, and when it do happen I'm gonna make sure he brings his son on the stage to look the man in the eye that’s gonna cripple his daddy,” Wilder told Fighthype.com.

Comment

Not big on trash talk...especially when it's used to try to gain some type of "mental edge". Let skills in the ring do the talking. I wanna see the best possible version of both guys in there. That said, it is useful as a promotional tool and guys understand that you can't sell if you don't have "personality"...which in this day and age means acting like a tool.

Comment

Who cares what gets said, they're going to fight anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X