Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA : wilder has taken too long. Fight must be signed with povetkin or aj stirpped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shelley Finkel: "We are ready to sign the contract. It will be signed by Friday"

If they were ready to sign - then why the heck didn't they just do it? Why wait till Friday, ffs?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      The WBA only held off ordering AJ/Povetkin for a month because Hearn asked them to.

If he wasn't trying to make AJ/Wilder, why would he have asked the WBA for an extension in the first place?
      Come on man

Wilders team said if everything was legit they’d have it signed by Friday. Your telling me Hearn couldn’t persuade the WBA to extend the deadline for 4 days. It’s not like the WBA make the most $ from sanctioning fees off AJ & Hearn , I’m sure he has some pull

Hearn said the Povetkin fights all but a done deal if the Wilder fight falls through so it’s not like they had to start from scratch. Why not wait till Friday

I bet you also believe that Hearn had no influence over when Ortiz recently popped for the Wilder fight he was the WBA Mando and as soon as the news broke the WBA suspended Ortiz before the WBC even investigated and later cleared him. The guy wasn’t even fighting for their sanctioning body next yet they stripped his Mando position quick and replaced him with another multiple time cheater in Povetkin

Comment

There you go. All those conspiracy theorists talking ****. It’s here in black and white. Wilder won’t sign to fight AJ. End of discussion

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Come on man

Wilders team said if everything was legit they’d have it signed by Friday. Your telling me Hearn couldn’t persuade the WBA to extend the deadline for 4 days. It’s not like the WBA make the most $ from sanctioning fees off AJ & Hearn , I’m sure he has some pull

Hearn said the Povetkin fights all but a done deal if the Wilder fight falls through so it’s not like they had to start from scratch. Why not wait till Friday

I bet you also believe that Hearn had no influence over when Ortiz recently popped for the Wilder fight he was the WBA Mando and as soon as the news broke the WBA suspended Ortiz before the WBC even investigated and later cleared him. The guy wasn’t even fighting for their sanctioning body next yet they stripped his Mando position quick and replaced him with another multiple time cheater in Povetkin

Yeah that's right.. the WBA who were notified by VADA of the failed test as that's who they also used chose to strip Ortiz of his mandatory because Eddie Hearn told them to.

It was nothing to do with the fact that he had popped twice prior and at one point was holding their interim world title and they felt 3 strikes was enough.

Did you have a problem with the WBA following their guidelines at the time and stripping a mandatory position from a known drug cheat? Did you not give Ortiz all the **** in the world for popping yet again? Let's remember.. whether or not his medication was legit, he failed to declare it so he still broke regulations.

I reckon you didn't have an issue with it at all.. but now you do because this suits your current narrative.

I'd love to find anyone on here who was defending Ortiz at the point the WBA stripped him.

The WBC investigation was purely internal.. to see if he had violated their rules by not staying he was on those meds..they chose it as a legitimate mistake , the WBA had been burned by Ortiz and his rampant ped use already.

Comment

Donkey Wilder stalling tactic works, Alabama Fraud protection program at it's finest!

Comment

Very strange when it's known everything would be in place by the weekend. Hearn called them for it, no way around. If Hearn wanted the fight to happen next, than he would give some step aside money to Povetkin. Overall, a Hearn win

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Matchroom secretary probably wrote the statement. Boksfan, was this you?
                Don't forget to swallow Wilder's gravy or you gonna choke son

Comment

Pressure really is on wilders team here, if they are serious they will respond today no with a signed contract

Comment

... it would be so laughable if, in the process, Breazeale and Pvetkin will stop Wilder and Joshua, respectively...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... it would be so laughable if, in the process, Breazeale and Pvetkin will stop Wilder and Joshua, respectively...
                      Could you imagine the absolute scenes on here if either or both lose...

AJ really should be winning given povetkin last outing but he is much tougher than breazeale.

In terms of punch resistance breazeale is pretty granite tbh ..if he outboxed wilder to a points win I think I'd jump in the river at the prospect of a breazeale / AJ rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X