Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World heavyweight champion tests positive for steroids - tainted meat excuse?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care that Fury cheated. If it was anyone else though..

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      Tyson Fury (and his cousin Hughie) both tested positive for the steroid nandrolone.

Their "defence" was the tried and tested "contaminated meat" excuse.

Not much ever gets said about it?

Just sayin' . . . .
      You must be living on a desert island.But your right, theres not much said about it because there wasnt so many people making excuses for them.

Comment

I used to have an admiration for uk fans but since the rise of aj they have showed they are unreasonable, now look at this. not all of them of course but u get it

Comment

I'd believe the Fury's eating wild boar offal over Canelo eating Mexican clen burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Are you serious? For years there's been several articles about it, and threads here.

The Fury's DID, however, play it smart, as they got a damn good lawyer to clean up the PR image pretty nicely.

They followed procedure, and British Boxing Commission can't do shyte about a failed test until all the appeals have been filed, etc. They held it up for a while with filing motions to have evidence excluded from hearings, etc.
            Yes, I understand all that, I just meant exactly what you said, that it's effectively just been "swept under the carpet" and never seems to be an issue anymore!

Comment

They had a dirty Boar burger, get over it. anyone who calls them cheaters are clearly racist against gypsies!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                WRONG! there was no "contaminated meat". Nandrolone is produced endogenously (within the body) in a lot of cases. Study's have shown that eating red meat, exercising and certain supplements can cause false positive's, due to the biosynthesis of testosterone which increases the metabolites in the urine.

In the case of Nandrolone you are actually allowed 2ng/ml for men or 5ng/ml for women. Women have shown concentrations of 20ng/ml during ovulation or pregnancy.... so it is produced within the body.

“A urine specimen collected after high intensity exercise could have a higher concentration of NA”

“There is no explanation by the IOC of why the threshold concentration for NA is higher in women.”

"19-Norandrosterone (NA) is produced endogenously as an intermediate in the aromatisation of androgen to oestrogen. Intense exercise may increase its concentration in the urine. Future laboratory testing methods need to distinguish endogenous from exogenous nandrolone metabolites accurately, as this has important implications for doping control in sport"

Source: http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/36/5/325

So there was no contaminated meat, and we don't know the amounts in his system, someone taking sysnthetic nandrolone is usually 50X over the 2ng/ml limit, but false positives have been proven in many cases such as after intense exercise, after sex, eating lots of red meat etc etc
                Yes, OK, you've convinced me.

Just like Hughie miraculously started receiving the correct medical treatment for his acne after that test failure ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                  You must be living on a desert island.But your right, theres not much said about it because there wasnt so many people making excuses for them.
                  Apologies, my post title was facetious/tongue in cheek!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    Yes, I understand all that, I just meant exactly what you said, that it's effectively just been "swept under the carpet" and never seems to be an issue anymore!
                    But i mean how long should it really be relevant?

Been over three years ago..

He's been out the sport since and is just now coming back.

Like i said everyone deserves a second chance IMO and there was some shady circumstances surrounding the issue IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                      But i mean how long should it really be relevant?

Been over three years ago..

He's been out the sport since and is just now coming back.

Like i said everyone deserves a second chance IMO and there was some shady circumstances surrounding the issue IMO..
                      Fair enough, and I respect your opinion even if I have a slightly different perspective, thanks for the exchange of views.

Comment

Working...
                      X