The fighters in the 70s and 80s must have all been on steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocaines a helluva drug!

Comment

Don't know about all of them but Holyfield's without doubt and Duran's very dubious.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=597142

Comment

No not a chance steroids wasn't the big thing especially when they were abusing queludes and coke and booze

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Watching Duran and Leonard back again now, 15 round war of constant hard punches, the stamina levels of fighters back then were unreal.

Even in the 90s you just got to look at Evander Holyfield's traps to know he was juicing.
          They were all done by age 34 so I doubt they were on Roids and HGH. Back than as a kid I use to talk to some pro fighters they told me their road work was 45 Mintues to 60 minutes a day I doubt many do that today they think running a few sprints and taking Arizza shakes, taking Balco products and seeing Mayweather TRT Doctor will do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Watching Duran and Leonard back again now, 15 round war of constant hard punches, the stamina levels of fighters back then were unreal.

Even in the 90s you just got to look at Evander Holyfield's traps to know he was juicing.
            As they all should be now, no reason why everyone shouldn't be trying to make the best show for the fans.

Comment

heavyweights, maybe.

Comment

Who knows?

Manny Steward and Tommy Hearns accused Leonard of juicing before they had their rematch in 89'.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  In Duran's time, steroids was not even an idea in the mind of chemists.
                  Nah, athletes were using roids or other PEDs well before Duran became champ in 1972.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopin..._Olympic_Games

http://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/vie...elineID=000017

Comment

Seriously, this acne nonsense... As if acne was the one and only sign of steroid use.

Comment

Unless a guy is far bigger than naturally obtainable then there is noway you can tell if a guy is on steroids just from looking at them.

Evander Holyfield had enormous traps & neck muscles since he was a teenager. He was built in his amateur days. He clearly has tremendous genetics. That isn't to say he hasn't took gear at some point in time but his traps have always been big, before he boxed even.

Comment

Working...
                      X