Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters born in the wrong eras

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would of liked to see the Kilt brother in late 80's to nineties just too see them against prime Tyson and Lewis.

Comment

i might get a beating out of this but i feel Klitschko brothers..

not saying they'll be great in any HW era, but if they were born
      50 or 60 years ago.. they would have done a better impact..
      they'll have an uglier win-lost record but legacy & money wise
      it could have been better for them..

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
        I would of liked to see the Kilt brother in late 80's to nineties just too see them against prime Tyson and Lewis.
        oops, somebody beat me to it... my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
          I'm not in the least bit attempting to be funny, but Wlad's career would have lasted about as long as a firework.. Vitali on the other hand would have been a close no3 in that era.. Both would beat certain versions of anyone, but not those 2 in their prime..

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            First name to come to mind when I saw the thread.

Here's an interesting question. We all know Quarry owns a draw and a win over Floyd Patterson. Quarry was still young and had better fights to come. Floyd was past his days as champ but would still have several more impressive outings.

How would a more seasoned Quarry have done against a more prime Patterson? And How would Quarry have fared against Liston? Would he still be in the wrong era?
            Quarry's a good call!.... He was something Liston was'nt used to, i mean the words ferarless and brave.. Unless Sonny got to him early (which i dare say he would) then Quarry would'a given him one hell of a beating..
            Anyone who reads my posts will be well aware that i've always rated Quarry as the best heavy not to win it..
            He beats Patterson IMO, sheer toughness, can't see any version of Floyd moving him & he can consider the draw as a result in my opinion..
            Last edited by mickey malone; 01-13-2010, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I would like to see all my favorite boxers from the last 40 years (especially the last 20) taken back to the 40s. Not even because of competition, but because they would fight each other 3,4,5 times.

No way Hopkins would have bitched about getting 40% to rematch Jones. We would have seen Toney-Hopkins, Pryor-Leonard, Pryor-Duran, Mayweather-
              Pacquiao. maybe even Hagler-Monzon. The list could go on and on.

Also I would like to pick any cuban fighters of the last 40 years and put them back in time, so they could turn pro at a normal age without fleeing the country.

OK, end of rant.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
                Any fighter(s) who you feel were either overshadowed or prosperous because of the depth (or lack thereof) of their division/talent pool during their era?
                i saw duran on the sig & i thought esteban de jesus would be my answer to ur question...

to be a contemporary on the same weight division of the man regarded by many as the greatest to ever compete @ 135, would be such an honor & a curse @ the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  i saw duran on the sig & i thought esteban de jesus would be my answer to ur question...

to be a contemporary on the same weight division of the man regarded by many as the greatest to ever compete @ 135, would be such an honor & a curse @ the same time...
                  and to hand him the only loss at that weight makes it a great fighter, but only known among aficionados...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

yes, De Jesus was unfortunate to be a lightweight when Duran was in that weightclass. I could easily see De Jesus cleaning out today's 135 lb division

Comment

Carl Froch. id be interested to see how well he would fair in the middleweight division during the 40' and 50's

Comment

Working...
                      X