Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R We Going To Ignore Usyk is wide open for the right counter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    Joshua is just so much larger, physically, that I can't see Usyk troubling him.

No, Joshua is not the best boxer, but he is good enough to stick to jabbing, the occasional lead right or lead hook, and counter straight rights...especially against a much smaller southpaw.

Usyk is 6'3" with a 78inch reach
    Joshua is 6'6" with an 82 inch reach

Joshua v Povetkin = 246 pounds
    Joshua v Parker = 242 pounds
    Joshua v Takam = 254 pounds

Usyk is said to weigh around 210-215 when he's not training. He'd be a very small HW and although at those weights anything can happen...I just can't see him overcoming a 3 inch height deficit, 4 inch reach disadvantage, and a 40 pound weight disadvantage.

However, Usyk could definitely spark Wilder who is very, very linear and definitely there to be hit. Joshua is just too big.
    Joshua v Wlad = 250 pounds
    Yep he's going to eat punches trying to get inside the jab and it's not like he has power to do much if he does. Easy fight for Joshua. Usyk's style and attributes aren't suited to fighting much bigger and stronger fighters.

Comment

Joshua is just so much larger, physically, that I can't see Usyk troubling him.

No, Joshua is not the best boxer, but he is good enough to stick to jabbing, the occasional lead right or lead hook, and counter straight rights...especially against a much smaller southpaw.

Usyk is 6'3" with a 78inch reach
      Joshua is 6'6" with an 82 inch reach

Joshua v Povetkin = 246 pounds
      Joshua v Parker = 242 pounds
      Joshua v Takam = 254 pounds

Usyk is said to weigh around 210-215 when he's not training. He'd be a very small HW and although at those weights anything can happen...I just can't see him overcoming a 3 inch height deficit, 4 inch reach disadvantage, and a 40 pound weight disadvantage.

However, Usyk could definitely spark Wilder who is very, very linear and definitely there to be hit. Joshua is just too big.
      Joshua v Wlad = 250 pounds
      Fair points, and few things to add I feel adds a lot of interest in what Ursk does .

Lots of fighters win against a 3 inch taller opponent its not that big of a deal at HW like it is at say WW, same with the weight 20-30 lbs in a HW is like 10 pounds in a WW, Ursk will bulk up probably 10-20 lbs without effecting his speed all that much.

What does Ali Holmes Foreman Holyfield all have in common, they all the same size as Ursk, and all those guys could beat AJ.

Ursk has the boxing ability to pull it off, not saying he will but nobody would have thought a LH then CW would go on to beat up all the top HWs and go life and death with the 6.5 Lennox Lewis.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ursk stopped AJ, the speed and snap is there for AJ to not see it, and those shots hurt when they precise.

Its an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
        Fair points, and few things to add I feel adds a lot of interest in what Ursk does .

Lots of fighters win against a 3 inch taller opponent its not that big of a deal at HW like it is at say WW, same with the weight 20-30 lbs in a HW is like 10 pounds in a WW, Ursk will bulk up probably 10-20 lbs without effecting his speed all that much.

What does Ali Holmes Foreman Holyfield all have in common, they all the same size as Ursk, and all those guys could beat AJ.

Ursk has the boxing ability to pull it off, not saying he will but nobody would have thought a LH then CW would go on to beat up all the top HWs and go life and death with the 6.5 Lennox Lewis.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ursk stopped AJ, the speed and snap is there for AJ to not see it, and those shots hurt when they precise.

Its an interesting fight.
        Usyk beats and possibly stops Wilder as their size difference isn't significant.

Usyk cannot top Joshua who is honestly massive - his frame is much larger - than Usyk.

Keep in mind Joshua has taken punches from ATG Wlad and overcome KD's. A CW with decent power is not stopping AJ who is going to have every physical advantage you could ask for.

Comment

Usyk beats and possibly stops Wilder as their size difference isn't significant.

Usyk cannot top Joshua who is honestly massive - his frame is much larger - than Usyk.

Keep in mind Joshua has taken punches from ATG Wlad and overcome KD's. A CW with decent power is not stopping AJ who is going to have every physical advantage you could ask for.

Wilder knocks Usyk out cold

Comment

i noticed it and ive seen it landed on him in previous fights, he was buckled a few times the his recovery is amazing. at HW he would be KOed by the top guys, IMO but hes good. Id stay at Cruiser if I were him

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              Wilder knocks Usyk out cold
              Usyk KO's Wilder. It's not even close. Either a boxing clinic with Wilder backing up and running or Wilder getting stunned and stopped.

Those chicken wobbly legs wouldn't last against a compact fighter in Olesksandr.

Joshua is too big for Usyk though

HeadShots was wrong about Kovalev. Wrong about Gennady. Now Wrong about Deontay.
              Bjl12 was right about Ca$hnelo. Right about TC. And right about Mikey G. Now I'm right about Usyk lolmfao

Seems like I'm right and you're wrong

Comment

Working...
              X