Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: Team Khan Hype Train..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you love Khan then you love him. Every good fighter has is fans and Khan has lots of fans. I can't stand the guy. He is the most conceited bragger in boxing and extremely disrespectful of his fellow boxers. He overestimates his abilities beyond belief. His latest arrogant statement is that he will box Canelo's ears off. Canelo won't stop at Khan's ears. He will knock Khan's damn head off and send the Khan train crashing into oblivion.

Comment

Fighters on your pound for pound list who will be exposed in their next fight. Frampton by Santa Cruz, DeGale by Jack and Khan by Canelo. Enjoy.

Comment

I like how the bandwagon is for Khan lasting 12 rounds, rather than actually winning.

Comment

Khan to win a decision.

His glass chin is overstated. Nobody was saying his chin was glass when be took some monster shots from Maidana that would have taken a lot of fighters out. Garcia was getting completely outboxed until he landed a lucky shot behind the ear and Prescott was a bad fight for Khan at that stage of his career and Khan is a different fighter now.

His defence has also improved considerably with Virgil.

Khan will be too fast and slick. Khan by decision.

Comment

Not a fan of Khan at all, the only fighters I like less are Broner, and Ortiz.

But I will say this: Khan will win on Saturday. He will come in prepared and execute a solid gameplan of activity, and control the ring with movement and a sharp jab.

I've said it since before the Lara fight - Canelo is a one dimensional brawler with bricks for feet. He's a bigger version of Maidana but slower, less of a boxer, and with the ring IQ of Ruslan. The man beat cans for most of his career, got gifts against Lara and Trout, beat an over the hill and smaller Cotto, and got embarassed by Mayweather. The man is basically JCC jr but not as fat, and more overhyped.

Khan is a glass chinned low ring IQ loudmouth, but styles make fights.

Comment

If Khan comes into the ring thinking about his defensive duties first than he becomes a big problem for Canelo in my opinion. In his best performances he was thinking defence first, and then attacking off that base, and its normally against guys he perceives as very good skilled fighters. i.e. Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Judah, Alexander, Collazo.

In the above fights he wasn't just winging shots in and throwing crazy combinations very often, he was placing his shots, because all the above fighters have pretty good defence. I think sometimes he gets carried away with fighters who are easier to hit, because he thinks 'I can hit this guy with everything' and he falls in love with his own combinations. I think his performance has so much to do with his mindset. Lets see what Khan shows up, he looked overtrained big time against Algieri so I hope his physical preparation has been good this time.

I think the fight heavily hinges on his ability to take a clean hard shot from Canelo, because even in his best performances he will get hit with a few. I personally think if Canelo beats him it won't be because of size, it will be because he is THAT good, it will be a check mate situation. Canelo doesn't really use his size in the ring when we have seen him against smaller fighters, he doesn't really press that advantage, he is a classic boxer/puncher. Most fighters that fight Khan naturally turn into pressure fighters and start coming forward after a round or two because they are getting picked off from the outside, lets see if the same happens to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

And the new! WBC middleweight champion of the world!
                ^ And lineal

Comment

Screw it. I'm in

Comment

I don't particularly like Khan but i'm rooting for him in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
                      ^ And lineal
                      Thats whats up -- but I held back on that one because the title has not been fought @160 for I dont know how long.

Comment

Working...
                      X